Presidential Meadows Elem August 2022
Welcome back Eagles! ¡Bienvenidas Aguilas!
Doors open at 6:55 am.
For our scholars safety you ask that you not drop off your scholar earlier than 6:55 am.
If you wish to walk your child up to the HUG ZONE, please park in the bigger parking lot.
Dismissal is 3:00 pm.
Families can find more information regarding FRONT CAR PICK UP below.
Doors open at 6:55 am.
¿Traducir? Giải thích? Перевести!
An easy way to remind multilingual families about how to translate your newsletters.👇🏽
¡Una forma fácil de traducir nuestras noticias!
What to expect? ¿Que esperar?
Families are invited to come and meet your scholars teachers this THURSDAY, 6:00-7:00 pm!!
- You will find your scholars name on the class lists that can be found on PME's front windows upon arrival.
- Families will be allowed to come into the building. Staff will help you locate classrooms.
- We encourage families to bring in scholar's school supplies.
- While in the classroom, your teacher will give some forms we need families to complete before the evening is over.
- Announcements will be made over the intercom periodically informing everyone how much time is remaining so parents have enough time to visit other classrooms if they have multiple children.
- PTA sign up table, Watch D.O.G.S, GT, and any other district support staff (ie: Transportation Dept.) will be stationed in the cafeteria.
First day of school MONDAY, AUGUST 15TH!
ARRIVAL-FRONT DROP OFF
- PME’s front parking lot will be closed, parents should pull up to the front entrance of the school and remain in the car.
- If you walk your child to school from the neighborhood, you may do so using our crosswalks.
- If you wish to walk your child up to the HUG ZONE, please park in the bigger parking lot.
- Please do not park in the front of school and then attempt to walk your child up
- Doors will open at 6:55 am, students will not be allowed to enter earlier.
- Families will be allowed to come into our HUG ZONE only.
DISMISSAL-FRONT PICK UP
Classes will dismiss at 3:00 p.m.
Every family will receive car rider tags. These tags should be made visible to the staff on duty in the pick-up line. Please place them on your dash or attach them to your car visor. You must have your car rider tag, if not you will need to show your ID every time you pick up your child. These procedures have been established to ensure your child’s safety.
- As cars drive up, call the scholar(s) name on the radio, assign cone color, and show parents the color of the cone they need to drive to. Parents will drive to the assigned cone and pick up their child.
We recognize that this is a change, but please know this is in the best interest of student and staff safety. We ask for your cooperation in these procedures.
If you prefer to walk from the neighborhood to pick up your child from school, we ask that you please bring your car rider tag. A PME staff member will take all students who walk home first to the parking lot side of the crosswalk, where you will receive them. You will not be permitted to go beyond the entry to the crosswalk at dismissal. Students who walk home independently will then be walked to the edge of the PME property by our marquee by a staff member.
Click on PME'S ARRIVAL/DISMISSAL PROCEDURES 2022-23 for further details.
SMOD-Standard Mode of Dress (dress code)
- Shirts must be short or long-sleeved polo-style (collared) shirts
- Jeans, pants, shorts, skirts, and skorts may be khaki, black, or navy and must be
- worn on the student’s natural waist at all times. Jeans, pants, shorts, skirts, and
- skorts with rips and tears may not show undergarments
- Elementary students may wear cargo pants or shorts
- Spirit shirts may be worn on Fridays
- Closed-toe shoes appropriate for gym and recess must be worn every day.
ATTENDANCE MATTERS! MAKE EVERYDAY COUNT!
State law requires that a student between the ages of 6 and 19 attend school, as well as any applicable accelerated instruction program, extended year program, or tutorial session unless the student is otherwise excused from attendance or legally exempt.
State law allows exemptions to the compulsory attendance requirements for several types of absences if the student makes up all work and documentation is provided. These include the following activities and events:
● Religious holy days;
● Required court appearances;
● Activities related to obtaining U.S. citizenship;
● Documented health-care appointments for the student or a child of the student, including absences for recognized services for students diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders if the student comes to school or returns to school on the same day as the appointment. A note from the health-care provider must be submitted upon the student’s arrival or return to campus;
● For students in the conservatorship (custody) of the state To participate in an activity required under a court-ordered service plan; or any other court-ordered activity, provided it is not practicable to schedule the student’s participation in activities outside of school hours.
● As listed in Section I at Children of Military Families, an absence of up to five days will be excused for a student to visit with a parent, stepparent, or legal guardian who has been called to duty for, is on leave from, or immediately returned from certain deployments.
MISD Discipline Matrix
Pre-Order PME T-shirt! Pre-Ordene su Camiseta de PME
Order you PME t-shirt! Youth & adult sizes available. Shirts will be NAVY color. Click on link to order online https://manor.revtrak.net/elementary-schools/presidential-meadows-elementary/#/v/PME-Spirit-T-Shirts. Forms will be sent home with students on Thursday.
Pre-order sale will run from now to Sept. 30.
¡Ordenen sus camisetas de PME! Tamaños de niños y adultos. Camisetas serán de color GRIS. Haga clic en el enlace para ordenar en linea https://manor.revtrak.net/elementary-schools/presidential-meadows-elementary/#/v/PME-Spirit-T-Shirts. Formularios serán enviados a casa el jueves. Puede pre-ordenar sus camisetas hasta el 30 de septiembre.
Watch D.O.G.S-Dads of Great Students
Who are Watch D.O.G.S?
WatchDOGS are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer for at least one day each year. WatchDOGS may read and work on ﬂash cards with students, play at recess, eat lunch with students, watch the school entrances and hallways, assist with traﬃc ﬂow and any other assigned activities where they actively engage with not only their own students, but other students as well.
If interested in participating come by the information table at Meet the Teacher or please email Noelia Guevara, Parent Liaison, email@example.com.
More information to come!
PTA NEEDS YOU! ¡EL PTA LO NECESITA!
Si esta interesados o gustaria mas informacion, por favor de hacer clic en el enlace o comunicarse con Noelia Guevara.