Room 105 News
January 31, 2016
I cannot believe that tomorrow is already February. The weather has been kind to us the last few days and no snow days means we are still on target to finish the year on time. This year is flying and we are learning - Monday means we have been in school 100 days!
Technology Fun in Grade 1
Mrs. Ivy Nelson (Miss Ivy, as the students affectionately call her) came to share more about the app My Story that we have access to on our iPads. We took the opportunity to practice making a book and then used it to share informative writing about Martin Luther King, Jr. After that, we worked with a different, but similar app called Story Creator to create adjective books. Both activities were a ton of fun!
This week brings a ton of exciting activities including spirit days* for raising money for pennies for patients. Take note of these things!
- Monday is the 100th Day of School
- *Wednesday = PJ Day
- *Thursday = Hat/Crazy Hair Day
- *Super Hero Day!!!
Later this month...
- Tuesday the 9th - McTeacher Night 4-8 p.m. (I will be working at 6:30)
- Friday the 12th - NO SCHOOL - Teacher Professional Development Day
***WE DO HAVE SCHOOL ON PRESIDENT'S DAY!!***
- Wednesday the 17th - Picture Day!
- Thursday the 18th - Donuts for Dads 8 a.m.
- Thursday the 25th - Kickoff of GIFTS Fundraiser