Decina Weekly Bulletin
This week in Block 1 and 2 we will summarize South Africa and analyze the current state of Africa including the nations of Rwanda, Democratic Republic of Congo, Nigeria, and Sudan.
- Students will analyze the condition of post-Apartheid South Africa.
- Students will compare/contrast Africa past and present.
- Students will define genocide and analyzes its causes.
- Students will identify how its abundance of Natural Resources have actually hurt Africa.
- Watch first 25 minutes of "Red Rubber, White King, Black Gold" and prepare for quiz following day
- Complete "Hutu 10 Commandment" and "What is Genocide Reading" and be able to answer "What causes genocide?"
- Cultures Project "Culture Map" due Friday, October 30.
- Students will identify the "Who's who" of South Africa.
- Students will analyze Steven Biko and Desmond Tutu's roles in ending Apartheid.
- Students will define "Black Consciousness."
- Students will analyze how External Pressures have led to the end of Apartheid in South Africa.