Allison Library Newsletter
- The library hosted Dr. Cruz and the Principal Pathway Academy on January 7th.
- Ms. Jenkins attended the AL OWL meeting with team leaders on January 11th.
- K-5th grade students finished the Waves of Pages readers logs to earn free books from the library and free tickets to Schlitterbahn. 52 students received free books. 18 students and 11 teachers will receive free tickets.
- Earning by Learning for 3rd grade began on January 14th.
- The library hosted a shower for Ms. Ayala on January 25th.
- We received a box of donation books from Mrs. Krueger's class at Kiker Elementary.
Number of Books Checked Out
Students Say Thanks For Donated Books
Upcoming Library Activities
- The library will launch a No Place For Hate readers log for 2nd-5th graders on February 8th.
- Martin Middle School will visit 5th graders from 9:45 to 10:15 on February 16th.
- O'Henry Middle School will visit 5th graders from 10:00 to 11:00 on February 22nd.
- Volunteers will visit on February 26th to assist with the Literacy Library and Art.
Ongoing Librarian Activities
- Plans for seven grade levels and teaches 28 classes per week.
- Maintains library calendar.
- Shelves library materials.
- Attends AISD Librarian meetings.
- Represents the EMVT at AISD Boundary Advisory Committee meetings
- Attends campus CAC and staff meetings.
- Assists teachers and staff with obtaining books for lessons, etc.
- Maintains library collection and catalog.
- Promotes use of the public library.
Conference Day Reminder
Teachers, please remember to tell parents that they may sign up and use the library.