Week of October 18, 2021
Mrs. K's Counseling Corner
Our "Essential 36" manner of the week: "Apologize to others for wrong doings."
Mrs. Tate's 4th grade class will be assisting with our morning announcements. This is a great way for our students to practice leadership skills and become confident communicators!
In Mrs. K.'s Peace classes, students are learning the differences between "mean moments", "conflict", and "bullying." Click HERE for an overview of how bullying is defined, the roles involved, and helpful tips to address bullying behavior. We are taking a proactive approach at Brock Elementary by teaching kindness and acceptance of others. We are also learning how mean acts negatively affect others and how to productively work through conflict.
Upcoming school events:
National Red Ribbon Week: Red Ribbon Week was developed in 1988 to promote an awareness of the dangers of alcohol and drugs. Themed dress-up days are:
Mon., October, 25th- "Dreams Not Drugs" (wear your pj's to school to show that you have big dreams without drugs)
Tues., October 26th- "Be a Hero, Be Drug Free" (wear camo or red, white and blue)
Wed., October 27th- "My Future is Bright Without Drugs" (wear neon or bright colors and sunglasses)
Thurs., October 28th- "It's Super to be Drug Free" (wear a superhero cape or superhero shirt)
Fri., October 29th- "Say Boo to Drugs" (wear your Halloween costume) No costume masks, scary costumes, or weapons!
Upcoming FREE Community Events
Lost and Found
- Wednesday, October 20th- Big Kahuna Delivery 11:00-5:00
- Thursday, October 21st- Kinder/1st Report Cards
- Friday, October 22nd- Big Kahuna Party Bus
- Monday, October 25th- Friday, October 29th- Red Ribbon Week; Book Fair; Grandparents (or special family member) Breakfast. Students brought home information two weeks ago with grade-levels assigned days & RSVP.
- Tuesday, October 26th- Pre K Mainistay Field Trip
- Friday, October 29th- End of 2nd six weeks
- Wednesday, November 3rd- Picture Day
- Thursday, November 4th- Report Cards for 2nd-5th available in Family Access