in the JLC Class
Noah’s Ark will be celebrating October 30th as a day for the children to dress up and act out the roles of their costumes. We strongly encourage animal costumes, career costumes, and even historical figures! Please keep the following pointers in mind when choosing an outfit/costume for your child to BRING to school with them:
- C hildren may not dress in costumes that promote aggressive/violent behavior. Children may wear costumes of people who protect others (firefighter, police officer, doctor, etc.)
- Children may not wear costumes or masks that cover their face.
- Children may not carry weapons, swords, or any props of the kind.
- Children are to bring their costume in a bag labeled with their name. Children will be dressed into their costume after lunch and nap. Only costumes that meet the above noted guidelines will be permitted.
· If your child needs a costume or comes in with an inappropriate costume, we will support your child in choosing a special outfit/costume from our dramatic play center(s)
· The Noah’s Ark parking lot will be “closed” during the parade times. No parking will be permitted as the dress up day parade will begin promptly at 2:00. Parents are invited to join and stand in the parking spaces to take photos/video. Please park off site as the lot will be closed to vehicles.
· The JLC class will be having a special class celebration at: 2:15. You are invited to join/send in any of the requested items listed in your child’s classroom.
Thank you for your continued support in your child’s early education. We want this to be a memorable and fun day for the children to use their imaginations in an expressive and creative fashion!
Cheesequake Farm Field Trip
After the trip the children helped "unpack" and discussed their favorite parts of our trip. We also have been utilizing the pumpkins picked on the trip in our classroom as extensions to our family unit and for math, social, and literacy skill building activities!
The HPFD visits Noah's Ark!
Family Theme is coming to an end!
Our class restaurant explorations will begin on October 26th. To help us set up for the new theme, we are in search of the following and would greatly appreciate any donations:
- photos of your family/child at your favorite restaurant!
- Clean take out containers
- Unused disposable coffee cups. (No glass or ceramic please)
- Wax paper
- Empty clean pizza box
- take out menus
- roll of aluminum foil