Friday Flight Plan
August 25, 2023
Mark Your Calendar!
- Monday, August 28, 2023 - 4th/5th Grade GIRLS Basketball Tryouts
- Tuesday, August 29, 2023 - 4th/5th Grade GIRLS Basketball Tryouts
- Wednesday, August 30, 2023- 4th/5th Grade BOYS Basketball Tryouts
- Wednesday, August 30, 2023 - Liaison meeting after school
- Thursday, August 31, 2023 - 4th/5th Grade BOYS Basketball Tryouts
- Monday, September 4, 2023 - Labor Day Holiday, NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday, September 6, 2023- Fall Running Club Begins
- Thursday, September 7, 2023 - PTC Regular Monthly Meeting
- Monday, September 11, 2023 - Hawk Olympics Opening Ceremony
- Thursday, September 14, 2023 - Hawk Olympics During Encore
- Monday, September 18, 2023 - 4th Grade Blue House to Ft. Loudon
- Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - 4th Grade Green House to Ft. Loudon
- Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 4th Grade Navy House to Ft. Loudon
- Wednesday, September 20, 2023- Liaison meeting after school
- Friday, September 22, 2023 - Hawk Olympics Closing Ceremony
IMPORTANT SAFETY REMINDER:
CGIS HAS A NEW LOOK ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
NEW SIGN IN SYSTEM
- You will need to scan the back of your driver's license to sign in. There are two barcodes on the back of your license. Please cover up the small barcode at the top so the machine will only scan the large code.
- On the screen, select the destination you are going in the building.
- Wait for the machine to print you a badge.
- A change this year, is that your printed badge will not have a barcode printed on it for you to sign out with. When you are ready to leave the building, please use your license to sign out as well.
Please see the front office if you need assistance signing in or out.Thank you for helping us keep your student safe!
CGIS SHOW UP NIGHTS
MCS FAMILY LIFE EDUCATION
CGIS Family Life Class Schedule by SCIENCE Teacher:
7th Grade - September 11-14 (Dickson) , and September 15-20 (Lewis)
5th Grade - September 21-22, 25-26, and September 27-28
6th Grade - October 30-Nov 2 (Riddle), November 6-9 (Miller), and November 13-16 (Warner)
MCS READY GRADUATE PROGRAM
READY GRADUATE- CAREER CAFE
We are excited to announce our first Career Cafe on 27 September during 7th Grade Lunch! Our very own SRO, Chad Simpson, will be talking to a group of 7th graders about his chosen career path.
CGIS BREAKFAST CLUB
CGIS 4th/5th GRADE GIRLS AND BOYS BASKETBALL TRYOUTS
4th/5th - GIRLS:
WHEN: Monday, August 28th, and Tuesday August 29th from 2:45-4:00pm
WHEN: Wednesday, August 30th, and Thursday August 31st from 2:45-4:00pm
Any 4th or 5th grade student interested in trying out should stop by the front office or in Mr. Harveston's room 1095 in the Teal House of Empowerment to get try outs forms.
Students cannot try out without a signed form.