Creek Band - 1/27/20 to 2/2/20
Weekly Newsletter of the Clear Creek High School Band
Great first competition for Varsity and JV Winter Guards
The Clear Creek Varsity and JV Winter Guards presented their first competitive performances of (not)Alone and Fireflies at Klein Collins HS this weekend.
All performers had a strong first showing and represented Clear Creek with excellence. It is exciting to see where the season will take them! Please make a point to put one of the guard's performances on your calendar!
Spring Activity Fee Was Due Friday, January 10th - Please pay ASAP!
The spring activity fee of $150 is was due Friday, January 10th.
As detailed in the Program Costs & Expenses document shared with everyone in the fall, this fee helps offset costs incurred during our successful 2019 marching season as well as for experiences and activities for the students this spring. This fee covers: clinicians, masterclasses, supplemental marching band staff, supplemental percussion staff, extra transportation, and more.)
Please deposit cash, check, or money order payable to CCHS Band Boosters in the band hall safe this week. If you would like to make a payment with a credit or debit card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an online invoice.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr.Fincher.
***This fee is for woodwind players, brass players, and percussionists only.***
This Week's Rehearsal Schedules
- Monday, 6:00am to 7:00am - Trumpet Sectional
- Monday, 3:30pm to 4:30pm - Percussion Sectional
- Monday, 3:30pm to 4:30pm - Sax/Low Reed Sectional
- Tuesday, 6:00am to 7:00am - Clarinet Sectional
- Tuesday, 3:30pm to 6:00pm - Full Ensemble Rehearsal
- Wednesday, 6:00am to 7:00am - Flute/Oboe Sectional
- Thursday, 6:00am to 7:00am - French Horn Sectional
- Friday, 6:00am to 7:00am - Low Brass Sectional
- Monday, 3:15pm to 4:15pm - Low Brass/Low Reed Sectional
- Monday, 4:15pm to 5:15pm - Trumpet Sectional
- Tuesday, 3:15pm to 4:15pm - Clarinet Sectional
- Wednesday, 3:15pm to 5:00pm - Full Ensemble Rehearsal
- Thursday, 3:15pm to 4:15pm - Flute Sectional
- Thursday, 4:15pm to 5:15pm - French Horn/Saxophone Sectional
Events, Announcements, and Information
Spring Trip to Winter Park Attendees
If you (or your student) are traveling to Winter Park for the Spring Trip, please join the BAND group that has been setup by clicking here.
Further information regarding the trip will be shared via that app/group. Contact a band director if you have any questions.
Clear Creek "Band 101"
Thursday, Jan. 30th, 6-8pm
2305 East Main Street
League City, TX
***Required Event for Wind Symphony and Leadership Team Only***
This is a critical event for our incoming 9th grade students.
Students will need band polos and instruments and will be fed dinner. Call time for current students is 5:45. You will be done by 8:15.
Creek Band Hosts Two TCGC Contests - Friday, 2/21 and Saturday 2/22
We have been given the opportunity to host two Texas Color Guard Circuit contests. These events have the potential to raise money that will help with expenses for the entire band program. If we host these events well, we could possible host them for future years.
There are two contests (times are not yet finalized and subject to change as soon as receive the schedule from TCGC):
- Friday, 2/21 - Color Guard Contest - 2:30pm to 11:00pm (Evening Shift)
- Saturday, 2/22 - Percussion Contest - 7:00am to 6:00pm (Morning & Afternoon Shifts)
All students involved in the Clear Creek Band Program are required to work at least one volunteer shift during this weekend. This event and the proceeds benefit the entire program.
You may sign up for more than one shift.
Parents, we need your help as well! Please sign up to assist with the event if you can. Parents will be in more "supervisory" positions while the bulk of the work is handled by the students. You may sign up for more than one shift.
Subscribe to Calendars!
You can subscribe to the calendars that are constantly updated for each part of the program.
Use the links below to import/subscribe in whatever calendar application you use:
Creek Band Main - For everyone in all aspects of the program.
Color Guard / Winter Guard
- Saturday, February 8th - Winter Guard Contest - Klein Oak HS
- Saturday, February 8th - Indoor Drumline Contest - Pasadena Memorial HS
- Monday, February 17th - Student Holiday - All Day
- Friday, February 21st - Host Winter Guard Contest - Clear Creek HS - 2:30pm to 11:00pm
- Saturday, February 22nd - Host Indoor Drumline Contest - Clear Creek HS - 8:00am to 10:00pm
- Saturday, February 29th - Symphonic Band Clinic w/ Mr. Benzer - Clear Creek HS - Time TBA
- Wednesday, March 4th - Band Picture Day - Clear Creek HS - During Class
Stay up to date with announcements, itineraries, schedules, calendars, media, and more!