Identity Theft by Kennedy Johnson
Identity Theft Prevention
- Monitor your financial accounts CLOSELY!
- When paying online, make sure the company you're buying from has a secure payment system.( Note: There will be https:// and a padlock in the address bar.)
- Shred old financial documents, do NOT just throw them away!
- Maintain computer security with firewalls and virus protection software.
- Don't provide your personal information to people you don't know, or to companies if they don't seem legitimate.
- Lock your financial documents and records in a safe place at home, and lock your wallet or purse in a safe place at work.
- When you go out, take only the identification and cards you need.
- Before you share information at your job, a business, your school, or a doctor's office, ask who will have access to your information, how it will be handled, and how it will be disposed of.