Green & Growing
Franklin County 4-H News - January 2017
2017 4-H ENROLLMENT
4-H club advisors will be getting trained on the process at the annual Advisor Appreciation and Enrichment Night on January 24. After that, you can plan on learning how your family will enroll at your next club meeting. It's a fairly easy process especially since you can just use the email and password that you used to make your fair entries last year!
Also note that this year all members will pay a $20 county activity fee. This is in addition to any fees that your club may possibly have.
OHIO 4-H CONFERENCE - March 11, 2017
The registration booklet and form are available on the website at:
Registration forms and payments are due to the Franklin County Extension Office by February 4.
- CHECKS SHOULD BE MADE OUT TO FRANKLIN COUNTY 4-H COUNCIL.
- Current Franklin County teen 4-H members and club advisors will be able to attend for FREE if their registration is postmarked by February 4. As long as attendance at the conference is verified, your check will be shredded and not cashed. Those that don't show up to the conference will have their check cashed.
- Parents and other non-4-H members and official club advisors are welcome to attend but should submit a separate check and expect it to be cashed.
- Note that the deadline on the state's registration form is not for you. Get your registrations in the county office by February 4 so county staff have time to get your registrations to the state office via their registration system.
4-H ADVISOR APPRECIATION AND ENRICHMENT NIGHT
Tuesday, Jan. 24th 2017 at 6pm
2201 Fred Taylor Drive
All advisors should attend including: seasoned advisors (those with more than 5, 10, 20, even 30 years or more), advisors who’ve served several years, and all of those individuals “in the process” or planning to become advisors in 2017.
The evening will include:
- Dinner served at 6:00pm.
- Need to Know Club Management Info
- A Splash of Fun
- Enrollment Packets for 2017
- Some inspiration for the coming year
All advisors who register and attend will receive several useful tokens of appreciation for your service as an advisor along with enjoying a tasty buffet dinner and a time of fellowship following the planned activities. Sign up below to RSVP now! Please RSVP by Sunday, January 22.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
WINTER PROJECT FAIR
Saturday, Feb. 4th 2017 at 10am-12pm
2201 Fred Taylor Drive
Saturday, Feb. 4th 2017 at 12:30pm
2201 Fred Taylor Drive
FRANKLIN COUNTY EXTENSION 4-H OFFICE MOVING
- Please do not mail anything to the old address after February 4.
- Do not plan to visit the extension office the week of February 13. It will be closed.
- The new address is 530 W Spring Street, Suite 275, Columbus, OH 43215
- The phone number will stay the same: (614) 866-6900
- We will no longer have faxing capabilities.
We appreciate your patience as we work through the challenges of moving to a new location.
Franklin County 4-H Unites for Community Service & Healthy Living
Walk and ServeYour club can participate by adopting an organization.
- Plan, Prepare, and Provide guidance for a hands-on community service project to benefit a Central Ohio non-profit. We are looking to have a variety of projects and non-profits. *Please arrange for approval of non-profit and project with the Committee Chair before progressing with club members.
Advisors and club contacts can access a password protected area for forms and planning information (Password will be given at planning meeting - January 23) 4hcouncil.org
Clover 5KHelp with promotion to your school, co-workers, family, friends, community!
Run start time 8:30 a.m., Awards at 9:30 a.m.
Each club contact (older teen and/or advisor) is encouraged to attend the online planning meetings at 6:30 p.m. on:
Click here to join meeting using a computer, smart phone, or tablet (you will need to download an app if you are using a phone/tablet).
HEART OF OHIO 4-H WINTER VOLUNTEER TRAINING
ATTENTION CLUB ADVISORS:
Do you want to improve your 4-H Cloverbud program or learn tips on welcoming new members and families into your club? If so, then this winter workshop is designed just for you.
4-H personnel from the Heart of Ohio will present two workshops on these topics which will include ideas and activities. You can choose to attend one or both workshops. The sessions will be held concurrently with the quality assurance workshop to make carpooling with others from your county easy!
Details: Saturday, February 25, Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center
Session A: 9-10:30 a.m. - Cloverbud Meeting Management & More
Session B: 10:30 a.m.-noon - Ways to Welcome New Members and Their Families to Your Club
4-H Advisors and Volunteers may register HERE for this free event.
OSU Extension, Franklin
For an accessible format of this publication, visit cfaes.osu.edu/accessibility.