Dade Norris's Dream Vacation
My destination is located instantly west of Canada
I want to visit this place because my dad lived there part of his life.
What makes my dream vacation so great is that my dad lived there part of his life and I want to live there too.
- The highest temperature recorded in Alaska was 100 degrees Fahrenheit in Fort Yukon in 1915.
- While it is legal to shoot bears in Alaska, waking a sleeping bear for the purpose of taking a photograph is prohibited
- Of the 20 highest peaks in the United States, 17 are in Alaska, including the highest peak in North America (20,320 ft. above sea level), Mt. McKinley.
- Alaska contains more than 100 volcanoes and volcanic fields which have been active within the last two million years.
- Alaska is the only state that does not collect state sales tax or levy an individual income tax (some cities have sales tax, however).
- The fishing and seafood industry is the state’s largest private industry employer.
- The largest salmon ever caught was at the Kenai River. It weighed in at 97.5 pounds.
- There are more than 3,000 rivers and 3 million lakes in Alaska
- Alaska’s largest lake, Lake lliama is roughly the size of Connecticut.
- Alaska has more coastline than the rest of the United States combined (more than 34,000 miles).
- Alaska has more inland water than any other state (20,171 square miles).
- Alaska is the only state to have coastlines on three different seas: the Arctic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, and Bering Sea.
- The state bird of Alaska is the willow ptarmigan.
- During the Klondike gold rush in 1897, potatoes were so highly valued for their vitamin C content that miners traded gold for them.
- The only battle during World War II that was fought on American soil took place in 1943 after the Japanese invaded the Aleutian Islands.
- The state sport of Alaska is dog mushing, which was once the primary mode of transportation in most of Alaska. The Iditarod dog sledding race is the state’s largest sporting event.
- More than half the world’s glaciers can be found Alaska.
Alaska is 3062 miles away.
I will take Edgar Rodriguez and Elvin Carcanno.
I will fly to the nearest airport and then ride on snow machines to Christmas,Alaska.
I will stay there for at least one week
The lodging for one day is 189$s which for eight days is 1,512$.
I will bring a total of 300 dollars for spending.
I will eat at the pizza bus which is 5 dollars for one pizza for eight days is 40$.
Snow machines are very effective on gas so I will take at least 100 dollars for gas.
I total that will be 3,045$.
There are many things to do in Kennicott,Alaska.
One really unique opportunity is that there a mountain air.