"where it's cool to be a colt!"
Creekwood Middle School
Campus PrincipalWalt Winicki
Stacey Blackshear - 6th Grade Assistant Principal
Becky Bell - 6th Grade Counselor
Ken Webster - 7th Grade Assistant Principal
Cathy Gantt - 7th Grade Counselor
Sharon Robare - 8th Grade Assistant Principal
Nicole Camp - 8th Grade Counselor
Creekwood Bell Schedules
Late Arrival Thursday
Doors will be unlocked and locked at certain times; please enter through our commons area (Sandy Forks entrance/Bus entrance):
- Doors will be unlocked at 7:45 a.m. and locked at 8:30 a.m. (just like on a regular day)
- Doors will again be unlocked again at 9:30 a.m. and locked at 10:10 a.m.
For students who are scheduled to take a test or attend D-Hall on a late arrival Thursday morning:
- Testing and D-Hall begin at 8:30am; you will need to arrive on campus no later than 8:25am and wait in the commons until the teacher escorts you to the testing or D-Hall room.
September Student's of the Month
Theater 2 Plays: October 25th!
Come see all your favorite CMS students & friends have a blast when they break up!
2022-2023 HUMBLE ISD TSIA2 SATURDAY ADMINISTRATION DATE
For the 2022-23 school year, the dates for Humble district TSIA2 Saturday administrations are:
- November 5, 2022 - Kingwood Park High School
- December 3, 2022 - Humble High School & Summer Creek High School
- January 28, 2023 - Sconzo Early College High School
- February 18, 2023 - Humble High School
- March 25, 2023 - Summer Creek High School
- April 15, 2023 - Atascocita High School
Students from the hosting campus will be allowed to register approximately two weeks prior to the administration, and students from the rest of the district will be allowed to register for any remaining spots about one week prior to the administration. To sign up use the Humble ISD TSIA2 Registration Form. The same form/link will be utilized for each administration. Once all available spots are filled, the form will be made inactive until registration begins for the following administration date.
Students take TSIA2 tests on a computer and results are provided immediately upon completion of the exam. For more information, you can visit the College Board website.
Golf Tournament Fundraiser - Kingwood Fillies
Win a chance to have Mr. Winicki as your caddy for the day! Kingwood Fillies are hosting their annual Golf Tournament fundraiser on November 14th. You can bid on a chance for Mr. Winicki to ride along with you during the tournament and "caddy" for you. Also up for bid are caddies Dr. Nasra and Ms. Andi Lewis. Sign up here for the tournament.
The day will feature: 4 Man Scramble, 10 AM Shotgun start, Mulligans & Tiger Drive, 3 Chances to win a new car with a Hole-in-one, Longest Drive Contest, On-course food, Chance to win prizes, Reception following golf, and a Raffle & Auction!
In Reference to the flier above: Pick up is at Texas Roadhouse Nov 21-23
CMS Boys Basketball Tryouts
Boys interested in trying out for basketball must attend all 3 days of tryouts:
7th Grade: Tryouts will be from 7:15 am through 1st period on October 21, 24, and 25
8th Grade: Tryouts will be 7th period until 5:15 pm on October 21, 24, and 25
You must have a physical on file and it must be on an Humble ISD Physical Form.
For more information, talk to the coaches.
Wish Your Colt a Happy Birthday!
- Students may not walk into/through the staff parking lot. Please drop off and pick up in the designated car rider lines.
- Please be vigilant and off phones in pick up lines during arrival and dismissal.
- Please always check in at our front office, located on the West Lake Houston Parkway side.
- No 3rd party food vendor deliveries allowed.
- Please remind your child that although they want to be helpful, they should never open the exterior doors to anyone, and that includes someone wearing a Humble ISD badge or teacher.
Some Campus Information
CMS Philosophy on Cell Phones
News from the CMS RELA Department
We are trying to track down lost novels. If you checked out any novels from the campus inventory and forgot to turn them back in, please bring them to campus ASAP. Please give them to Mrs. Crump in the library. We need to make sure we have enough novels for the current school year.
Here are some dress code policies we would like to highlight:
- No type of head covering, cap or hat is to be worn or brought to school except as otherwise permitted by district policy (i.e. religious purposes).
- Any form of dress or grooming that attracts undue attention, disrupts school, is considered gang related, or detracts from the learning process is unacceptable.
- No sleepwear is to be worn at school.
- Dresses, skirts, fashion slits, and holes higher than mid-thigh are not permitted.
- Spaghetti straps, tube tops, leotards and halter-tops are not to be worn as outer garments.
- Excessively loose or tight garments are not acceptable; all clothing should be appropriately fit.
- Shirts must be worn so as not to expose the bare chest. Male students may not wear shirts without sleeves, and tank tops or undershirts are not to be worn as outer garments. The midriff must not be exposed when a student goes through the normal activities of a school day (bending, stretching, reaching, etc.)
- Revealing garments are not permitted.
- Piercings: Students may wear earrings. No other piercings are allowed.
If the principal determines that a student’s grooming or clothing violates the school’s dress code, the student will be given an opportunity to correct the problem at school and return to the classroom. If the problem cannot be corrected at school, the principal will work with the student and parent to obtain an acceptable change of clothing for the student in a way that minimizes loss of instruction time, which may include in school suspension. Repeated offenses may result in more serious disciplinary action in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct. Please see the Humble ISD Handbook for the full dress code policy.
How to Report Student Absences
Please report any student absences to our Attendance Office.
- Absences can be reported by:
- Information to include:
- Student's first and last name, ID#, grade
- Date(s) of absence
- Detailed reason for absence
- Parent name, phone number, email address
For more information on reporting student absences, please visit the CMS Attendance Office Webpage, or contact Mrs. Larimore in our attendance office at 281-641-4403.
CHECKING OUT OF SCHOOL
If your child has an appointment during school hours, please send a note to the Attendance Office before 8:25 a.m. A check out pass will be issued allowing the student to check out at the appropriate time. If you find it necessary to check out your child due to an unscheduled appointment, please call, 281-641-4403, in advance allowing sufficient time (at least 30 minutes when possible) to send for your child. All notifications for early check out must be submitted to our attendance office before 3:40pm. No student is permitted to leave the building without the parent, legal guardian or other person listed on the student’s information card signing out the student. Please be prepared to present a picture ID upon request. If going to a health-care professional, the student must return with a dated and signed statement from the health care professional.
Parent Schoology Notifications
Did you know that you can subscribe to weekly/daily reports of your child’s Schoology activity? You can also receive an email when an item’s due date has passed without a submission from your child. For instructions, see page 5 of the Parent Schoology Guide or view the notifications video tutorial. If you have questions about Schoology or need assistance, please refer to the CMS Schoology website or contact CMS Schoology Specialist, Julie Weldon.
Parent Schoology Accounts
Do you have a parent Schoology account? If not, now is the time to create one! With a parent account you can view your child’s activity and grades, receive school updates, send messages to your child’s teachers and more! This is the BEST way to stay connected with CMS. Our school’s goal is to have 100% of our students with at least one parent signed up for an account. If you have not created your account or if you would like more information on how to use your account, please refer to the Parent Schoology Guide. It includes step-by-step instructions along with a video tutorial.
Student Schoology Accounts
All CMS students have a student Schoology account.To access Schoology, students will log into MyHumble (How to Access MyHumble). For information on how to use Schoology, please refer to the Schoology Student Overview video.