By: Mallory Emerson
What is it?
- Infects the tissues of the breast
- Occurs in both men and women (rare for male)
- Breast cancer is diagnosed in 5 different stages
- Stage 0 is carcinoma in situ, which means that a cluster of malignant cells that not yet invaded the deeper epithelial tissue or spread to other parts of the body.
- Stage 1-3 of breast cancer is when the tumors are within the breast or regional lymph nodes
- Stage 4 is “metastatic” cancer that has a less favorable prognosis.
Radiation: Using X-rays
Chemotherapy: Use of chemical substances
Surgery: on the breasts
Many people are confused about how they could develop breast cancer
People will not want admit it
The patient can become sad and depressed when hearing the diagnosis of breast cancer