Ms. Liz's Biweekly Class Updates
For the week of 5/6
BALLONA WETLANDS FIELD TRIP TOMORROW 5/10 - BUS BOARDING AT 8:15 SHARP!
- Get to school by 8 am, we will boarding at 8:15. Students who are late will spend the day in kinder classes.
- Please have your child wear their CWC (or Green) T-Shirt.
- Please be sure to have your child use bathroom before they leave home!
- Please be sure they wear proper footwear! No sandals or impractical shoes
- Pack a snack in a small ziplock or brown paper bag
- Make sure your child gets school lunch on Fridays, if so, it will be provided. Otherwise, bring your child a lunch bag.
- Cameras are okay, but no electronics
- Please leave backpacks at home. We are taking lunch boxes and the students will be making notebooks in school today, they do NOT need to bring their backpacks in the morning.
- We will board the bus at 1pm and return to CWC around 1:45-2 pm.
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK - WEEK OF 5/6
Parent Action Committee (PAC), May 7th at 6pm
No School Monday, May 13th & Monday, May 27th
-Professional Development Day, Monday, May 13th. No school
-Memorial day, May 27th. No school.
The sliming of Principal Ramona, Friday, May 17th
Our class reached our walk-a-thon goal and will be sliming Dr. Ramona! If you can help mix the slime, please respond to this email. Time TBD.
Latino Heritage Day, Saturday, May 18th
Come celebrate with families from CWC Silver Lake and Hollywood, along with incoming families this fall! It will be at the Assistance League and there will be a bouncy house, food and lots of fun. Be on the lookout for more details soon.
CWCSL Silent Auction and Gala, Saturday, June 8th
Buy tickets to the upcoming 80's themed Silent Auction and Gala. Tons of totally awesome stuff to bid on. Tickets and more info here: cwcsilverlake.org/gala.
Garage sale fundraiser, June 15th
There's a huge garage sale in June. We need toys, books, clothes (no stains, rips, tears), household items, anything you think could generate some $ for the school. Items are being collected every Monday right after drop off at the Assistance League. Please drop off gently used items starting this Monday, May 6th around 8:15am. Look for Michelle Minor or email her at email@example.com to arrange another time.
Last day of school, Wednesday, June 19th
TBD, there will be a stepping up ceremony, too.