By:Yasira Smith, Ruban Garcia, Dillon James
Geography And Climate
- South Sudan is a landlocked country located in eastern Africa.
- South Sudan is located near the Equator in the tropics.
- Much of its landscape consists of tropical rainforest.
- South Sudan also has extensive swamps and grassland regions.
- The White Nile, a main tributary of the Nile River, also passes through the country.
- The highest point in South Sudan is Kinyeti at 10,456 feet (3,187 m) and it is located on its far southern border with Uganda.
- The climate of South Sudan varies but it is mainly tropical.
- Juba, the capital and largest city in South Sudan.Has average yearly high temperature of 94.1˚F and an average yearly low temperature of 70.9˚F.
- The most rainfall in South Sudan is between the months of April and October.
Religion- Christianity, Animist
Animist is the believe everything that is visible has a soul, it is practiced by many of the native tribes.
Only 27% of the people in south sudan over 15 can read and write (40% male and 16% women). There is a shortage of english teachers in south sudan also teachers in the fields of science and technology.
Languages- English (official), Arabic (official), minor languages Dinka, Nuer, Bari, Zande, and Shilluk