We hope you all had a relaxing weekend. The first six weeks grading period will end September 25. Please make sure you are accessing your students grades via Skyward to check on their daily progress. We want all students to be successful and that requires accountability both in school and at home.
Athletic events are starting this weekend. Please make sure you know the guidelines and protocols prior to attending any event. There is a link and information about athletics below. Please feel free to reach out to our Athletic Coordinators, Coach Harben or Coach Robertson if you have any questions.
Instructional Method Information
EMS ISD Academic Integrity
Parent Teacher Organization
Want to join PTO West? Membership benefits include discounts at several local businesses including Lake Worth Bosses Pizza, Lake Worth Firehouse Subs, The Pizza Bistro, Sonic (off Boat Club Rd.), Saginaw Longhorn Cleaners, Moonlight Signworks, and many more! Please fill out the form using the link below. $10 per parent, $5 per student, and $5 per teacher. Venmo your membership fee to @Westside-PTO (Look for the apple).
FIND YOUR BUS ROUTE
Access the bus schedule here: Or navigate to the EMSISD homepage and find it under Parents then Transportation. The portal will require login using the the student ID Number for both username and password.
Changes in Cafeteria
- According to district guidance, there will be no cash handling in the cafeteria. Students may bring a lunch or you can utilize the School Bucks system and put money in their lunch account. Click here for more details about the School Bucks System.
- Students are also encouraged to bring IDs from prior year (if within EMSISD), campus provided lunch card will also be provided until new IDs are made in September
- The front office will only accept lunch deliveries from a parent or guardian (not food delivery services), and all lunch deliveries are strongly discouraged at this time.
Tickets for Athletic Events
Middle School football and volleyball games will begin next week.
We will be giving each athlete two vouchers that will allow each voucher holder the opportunity to buy 1 ticket per voucher. There will be no extra tickets for sale at the door or the stadium gates. Some of the games that will be played at non-EMS sites may have ticket opportunities for parents to have additional tickets. Each campus coach will let their parents know the prior week as to if tickets are available at non-EMS stadiums for football.
Testing/Assessment Expectations for Remote Students:
- For Remote Learners, TEAMS proctoring is required for all district required assessments, universal screeners, district common assessments, and semester/final exams. The teacher or test proctor will create a TEAMS meeting when administering these types of assessments. This will be utilized as a communication tool between the teacher or test proctor and the student. In-Person Learners can use paper-based exams or whatever form the student and teacher feels as best.
- If a student is unable to be present at the time designated by the teacher or is late and does not have enough time to complete the test, the teacher may require the student attend at a designated time which could occur before or after school during tutorial times. An alternative exam may be given for anyone who needs to make up an assessment.
- Students who do not follow the academic integrity expectation will receive academic and possibly disciplinary consequences.
- We encourage students to find a well-lit, clutter-free, quiet and private room or area to take the assessment. This is particularly important for supporting the success of the student as well as making sure the learner’s face is clearly visible when live proctoring. If a student refuses to have their camera on, the exam can be turned off or not graded by the proctor. Appropriate consequences/supports may be provided.
- Teachers may require a student to take an exam during their assigned class time or during tutorials.
John Fahey, Principal
Kayla Livingston, Assistant Principal (A-L)
Andrea Lasher, Assistant Principal (M-Z)