The Jaguar Journal
Volume 1 | Issue 5
Dear SFX Family,
I am so grateful that we were spared impacts from Hurricane Laura! Please continue to pray to Our Lady of Prompt Succor for protection and for all those who have been affected this hurricane season.
First 9 Weeks Progress Reports for grades 1-7 went home today with the students. Early Childhood students (PK2-K) will receive Progress Reports next 9 Weeks. Please sign and return your child's Progress Report by this Friday, September 18. You can also access them on Gradelink by following these steps:
- Log in to Gradelink (School ID: 1602)
- Click on the Grades tab on the left side menu
- Click on the PDF icon that says Download Report Card
Absent and Retake Picture Day is tomorrow. If you would like your child to retake their picture, please return the photo packet along with $10 for the retake fee tomorrow.
We are now officially in Phase 3! So, what does this mean? Not much changes for schools; however, we are able to combine the students by grade level for recess. This is great news because the children miss seeing their friends in the other section! We have not received any new directives regarding middle school sports yet. I will keep you updated with any new information or changes.
Thank you so much for your help in keeping our school community healthy and safe. Please review the symptoms questions each morning to ensure that everyone is coming to school healthy each day. If you need another copy of the card, please email Mrs. Denise in the office. I have also posted a picture of the questions in the newsletter below.
It's that time of year again for our Booster Jaguar Fun Run! Be on the lookout for information on how to sign up on funrun.com tomorrow. Our kick-off day is next Tuesday, September 22, and the fun run is on Thursday, October 1.
Have a great week!
May God bless you and keep you,
Jessica A. Dwyer, M.Ed.
P.S. Please remember to check the School News page when you log in to Gradelink for important announcements, resources, and links. If you need assistance logging in, please contact Mrs. Liz in the front office.
St. Francis-Ochsner Partnership
Here is the newsletter from our partners at Ochsner this week.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- September 16 - Progress Reports Sent Home
- September 17 - Retake Picture Day; Men's Club Meeting, 6:30 PM
- September 18 - Signed Progress Reports Due; Mass, Grs. 1-3 (students & teachers only)
- September 22 - Booster Jaguar Fun Run Kick-off Day
- September 25 - Mass, Grs. 4-7 (students & teachers only)
*The revised calendar at a glance can be found on the School News Page of Gradelink or downloaded below.
NOTE: The most up-to-date information is on the school Google calendar.
1st-3rd Grade Computer Message
St. Francis Xavier School is excited to have new Chromebooks coming to 1st – 3rd grades! The Chromebooks are in Baton Rouge and should be delivered to school soon! As soon as they are numbered, set up, and charged on the carts, they will be distributed to each homeroom.
Each student is required to bring a set of inexpensive earbuds or small headphones to keep at school in the classroom. Please put earbuds/small headphones in a Ziploc bag or case that has been marked with your child’s name, grade and class. All students must have a set of earbuds by Monday, September 28, 2020. The students will be taught how to use the trackpad on the Chromebooks; however, if they feel more comfortable using a mouse they are allowed to bring one to keep at school that plugs into the Chromebook. We do not recommend wireless mice because the plug-in receivers are easy to misplace.
The proper earbuds to use with Chromebooks have a standard plug, pictured below. Please note that Apple products and Bluetooth earbuds will not work.
If you want your child to retake their picture, please return the picture packet and send $10 retake fee.
If you are doing At-Home Learning for the 1st 9 Weeks, you need to make an appointment with Loupe Photography to go to the studio to get your picture taken for the yearbook. Their phone number is 835-7100.
In and Around SFX
Men's Club News
NEXT MEETING: Thursday, September 17 @ 6:30 PM
We invite everyone to come out and be a part of this great organization!
If you would like more information, please contact the president, Bres Burvant.
Arrival & Dismissal Reminders
PLEASE INFORM ANYONE WHO MAY DROP-OFF OR PICK-UP FOR YOUR FAMILY!
- Siblings and Carpools will dismiss from the school yard
- Single Riders will dismiss from Betz Place
- All students must be dropped off and picked up via car line. No walkers at this time.
- Cars must hug the right side of the street to allow for passing traffic.
- The Betz line may ONLY be entered by turning right from Avenue B or coming down Betz from the east.
- At arrival, students should unbuckle and put masks on while waiting to be checked.
- At dismissal, white name signs must be hung from the rear view mirror and remain up through the entirety of car line. If you need extra, please contact the front office.
- Do not line up for carpool any earlier than 2:50. We need to minimize the disruption to traffic as much as possible.