World Wild Fund
WWF is an organization in which people are trying to create a better future, where human needs are met in harmony with nature. Animal populations are disappearing at an alarming rate and WWF are protecting those species and providing a better future for them. WWF is focusing on six key areas: forests, marine, freshwater, wildlife, food and climate. By focusing on these six areas they can provide an easier way to protect the environment.
Why We Should Support WWF
People should support WWF, because wildlife is a part of our life and they inspire us. Your choices as a consumer, or a boss, or an employee, or a parent or just a caring human being can make a difference to our environment and animal nature. Even the smallest changes can help make the world a better place. Imagine if you had no voice to protect yourself, loved ones, your children. Imagine witnessing your family being slaughtered by dangerous criminals. Everyone needs to speak for these animals and help them.
- The Amazon forest has lost at least 17% of its forest cover in the last century.
- Freshwater species are declining at an alarming at of 76%
- other species of animals have declined 52% of over the last 40 years
- Over 100 countries are being surveyed and protected by WWF.
- WWF is working with 1.1 million supporters worldwide
- In the last 500 years, human activity has forced over 800 species to extinction.