Migrant Education Messenger
Region 17 ESC
This is a great tool to communicate and stay connected with each other. Here you will find upcoming events, news, and any requirements within the Migrant Education Program.
"The goal of the Migrant Education Program is to ensure that all migrant students reach challenging academic standards and graduate with a high school diploma (or complete a HSED) that prepares them for responsible citizenship, further learning, and productive employment."
Updates & Reminders
- End of Year Program Evaluations must be completed before end of year at each district.
- Collect feedback and finalize your district LNA Action Plan.
- FSI Evaluation Tool can be completed at the end of the school year.
- Summer Recruitment Plans are underway!
- Update and input all student data for the 20-21 school year...once the NGS transition stage is complete.
- Check out the services agreement option provided by the ESC below!
- Continue to follow all program updates and guidance from TEA, here:
Data Submission Chart
Is your district interested in joining the SSA Migrant Program?
- Any district within Region 17 who accepts Title I Part C funds.
What services are offered?
- Student Focused Interventions, Tutorials, and Events
- Program Required Data Submission
- Parent & Family Engagement Meetings
- Professional Development
- So much more...check out the Migrant Service Agreement below!
How do I sign up?
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
2021 SUMMER MEP EVENTS
Nature and Needs of Migrant Students who are Gifted
Wednesday, June 2nd, 9am-4pm
1111 West Loop 289
IDRC Monthly Webinar: Recruiter Training 101 What Must a New Recruiter Know?
Tuesday, June 8th, 2pm
This is an online event.
Final Book Study Meeting
Tuesday, June 15th, 11am-1pm
This is an online event.
You can get registered here: https://txr17.escworks.net/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=811141
What's New in the MEP...
Regional PAC Meeting Fiesta!
We had the best Cinco de Mayo PAC meeting with our districts! We appreciate the resources and information from Goodwill Industries of Northwest Texas. They shared about the services they offer for our parents. We had over 14 districts with parents and staff in attendance!
Our meeting was led by our PAC Council President, Brenda Aranda, Vice President, Mareli Olveda, and Secretary, Lourdes Flores. Each parent went home with a "Summer Survival Kit" which included a book of STEM activities, a reading book, "Bubbles" along with bubbles, sunscreen, a cooling towel, and hygiene kits!
We are so thankful for our 2020-2021 PAC Council and can't wait to start planning next years meetings!
Program Evaluation Resources
Thank you MEP recruiters for your continued efforts!
Updated Family Work Survey
Non-Project Districts Resources
Texas MEP Agricultural Map
The purpose of the agricultural map is to provide a statewide list of crops, fish, livestock, and poultry for agricultural and fishing related purposes. Two of the key objectives in providing the agricultural map are to: 1) Aid in identification and recruitment efforts by helping to develop profiles and calendars reflecting major crops, seasons and hiring practices by regional employers, and 2) Foster and strengthen intra-regional networking.
Identification and Recruitment Rapid Response Consortium
IRRC (Identification and Recruitment Rapid Response Consortium) is one of four OME-funded Consortium Incentive Grants. The mission of IRRC is to develop resources, strategies, best practices, and creative solutions whose purpose is to improve and enhance ID&R activities in IRRC member states. IRRC is a collaborative effort between the states of- ME, NY, DE, SC, GA, TN, IL, NM, AZ, KS, IA, with NE acting as the lead state of this collaboration.
Check out their website: https://www.idr-consortium.net/Index.html