THE TROJAN TIMES
News for February 12- February 19
MADE BY DIGITAL JOURNALISM STUDENTS
Written by Jaden Hancin, Jada McCollum, Skyilar Mitchell, Anna Claire Nolfe, Joseph Sandefur, Meadow Stowell, Kate Walden, Holly Yazdi, and Lillie Yazdi.
A Message from the Superintendent
What to do for Valentines' Day
- February 12- Be My Valentine Dinner Dance, Battleship Memorial Park
- February 14- Strongher Valentine Ride, Chickasabouge Park at 9 a.m.
- February 14-Valentines for Hope, 6:30 p.m.
Visual Art Show & Photography Show 2016
Calling all Artists and Photographers!!!
Daphne Middle School's Art Club and Technology Student Association club is hosting a photography and art show the week of March 14 - March 18. Parent Night will be March 17 from 5:30 p.m- 7 p.m. in the cafeteria. See Ms.Schneider's or Ms. Bittinger's for more details.
Peer Helper Lollipop sale
Regular Flavors- Cherry Cheesecake, Pomegranate, Tangerine, Wild Berry, Cherry Lemonade, Watermelon, Bubble Gum, Grape, Blueberry, Blue Raspberry, Strawberry Cream, Mango Peach, Banana Split, Wild Cherry, Sour Apple, Raspberry Cream, Cinnamon, Blackberry, and Caramel Apple.
Sour Flavors- Cherry, Mandarin, Green Apple, Lime, Blue Raspberry, Blackberry, Lemonade, Strawberry, Blueberry, Grape, Watermelon, and Orange.
Also, some Peer Helpers are carrying different flavors around with them so ask them before leaving class!!
Quote of the Week
Adv- Part 2 of book thief
Reg- Read Chapter 3 and 4 of Wrinkle in Time
Lindsey: Activities with genetics; lab
Reg- Mean, Median, and Mode
Duke: Europe and Russia's Physical Geography writing a travel brochure due Feb 18
Majewski: check moodle
Adv- working on conflict
Holt: Europe and Russia's Physical Geography writing a travel brochure due Feb 18
Lay-Ap: DJHM Test. Beginning research paper. Begin Enders Game.
Reg: Beginning research paper.
White- Chapter 14
Larisey- Next Chapter is Middle Ages
Benefield- Test Tuesday on Ch 4, Bullseye review, PH Lab Wednesday-Frieday.
Madison- Ap: Debates
Reg: Making poetry dictionary and poetry book.
Garafola- A1: Factoring polynomials
PrePre: Slope intercept form
MEET MRS. AMANDA BLAKE
What inspired you to be a teacher?
Mrs. Blake knew that in second grade that she wanted to be a teacher. She didn't know what the inspiration was but it never left her.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
She would like to see herself in a counseling position or in the mission field.
What is your favorite thing about summers?
Mrs. Blake likes taking vacations and swimming during summers.
What has been your biggest challenge from teaching?
She says that the biggest challenge from teaching is the needs of her students.
What are your hobbies outside of teaching?
Mrs. Blake likes hanging out with friends and family, likes to craft, read, do yoga, is involved in Mardi Gras, and loves learning about essential oils.
Athlete of the Week- Jada McCollum
ART OF THE WEEK
Coach Woodham's health class for February
Song of the Week
The Social List
Instagram: @teengirlclub has the funniest posts of the culture and generation of today
Twitter: Even though @kanyewest is someone who is controversial but at the same time, he's entertaining so it wouldn't be a bad decision to follow him
DIY project of the week!
Recipe of the week
Easy Valentine's Day Trifle
- 1 (7 ounce) package jellyrolls, each cut into 3 slices
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Add all ingredients to list
- Arrange jellyroll slices on sides and bottom of a 2 1/2 quart glass bowl or trifle dish.
- Prepare pudding according to box directions, except use only 1 1/2 cups milk; let sit for 5 minutes to thicken. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Arrange 1/2 strawberries on jellyroll slices; top with pudding, then remaining strawberries and whipped topping. Garnish with strawberry halves, if desired.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours; serve
Track and Field schedule
CARLEY'S WORDS OF WISDOM
- Motivation is the desire or willingness of someone to do something.
- If your motivated in your life, you will have a better chance to succeed.
- Greatness doesn't come sitting still.
- You have to move forward even if your taking baby steps.
- The greatest motivation comes from yourself. As you get older you have to motivate yourself. You can do this by reinforcing positive quotes to yourself.
- The road to success is paid by your intentions, so make your intentions noble.
- You don't have to be great to start, you have to start to be great.
- If it's important to you, you will find a way. If not you will find an excuse.