Dalewood UMC Connection
January 17, 2016
- Mark your calendars and plan to join us on Jan 27 @ 6pm. for our Supper 'n Serve meal and opportunity to serve. We will pack Care Packages for the homeless and you are asked to bring items for them. Debbie Bryant is asking for your help in collecting blankets for the homeless. She feels a strong call to collect as many as possible and needs your help. We will try to include a blanket in these next Care Packages.
- If you weren't able to stop by the Narthex, you can register online or at the service desk at any Kroger's.
- Cub Scout Troop#262 is collecting food for Second Harvest Food Bank. They would appreciate any donations you would like to make toward this. You can leave your donations in Langford Hall marked "Scouts".
- At our Supper 'n Serve Meal and service opportunity on Feb. 24, we will pack "backpack meals" for 20 students at East End Preparatory School who would not have food to eat on the weekends. This is very rewarding program. Your help is needed not only to help pack but by monetary donations toward purchasing the supplies.
- There will be a District Training Event on Jan 23rd from 9:30am to 12:30 pm at Calvary UMC. If you are a member of a team, you are requested to attend if possible. To register, you can send an email to email@example.com, or call the church office.
- The next SLI meeting will be ; please read The Present Future: Six Tough Questions For the Church by Reggie McNeal before the meeting. All are welcome and invited to attend.
- There will be an important meeting of the Ministry Teams, Committees and Leadership Council on Sunday, Jan 24. The schedule of meetihs is as follows Ministry Teams will meet @ 11:00am, Simple Free Lunch Buffet @ 11:30am Committe Meetings @ 12:00 Noon Leadership Council Meeting @ 12:45pm. Everyone in invited and urged to attend the Leadership Council and share your ideas and visions for Dalewood. If you cannot attend, feel free to pass your ideas to the church office. It's always a wonderful thing to have more feedback and collaboration.
- The Youth will be attending "Warmth in Winter" on Jan 30 & 31. If you haven't registered yet, see Cory for information.
- Plans are being made for a Super Bowl Party on Feb. 7th. Watch for more info.
- Cory is currently working on plans for our first Summer Mission Trip! Please email him dates that will work/not work for you and your family and he will do his best to accommodate as much as possible.
- Miss Lisa would like to plan a Family Game Night in Jan or Feb. We might even call it a Mid-Winter Blues Party. The last time we did this we played games with the winter/cold/snow theme and ate Blue Food. Let Lisa know if you have any suggestion as to date or activity.
- During the months of Jan and Feb, our children's ministry will be collecting hats, gloves, scarfs and tube socks. We need items for all ages, men, women and children. You can leave your donation in the Giving Station in the Narthex.
- Our Mission House is again empty and we will be holding discussions of how best to utilize this church asset. You are invited to our 5th Sunday Potluck on Jan 31 after Worship and stay to share your vision for the Mission House. We welcome your ideas and encourage you to attend and share them with everyone.
- The Finance Committee wants you to know that our Annual Contribution Statements are ready and can be picked up in the Narthex. Please try to pick yours up so we don't have to mail them.
- Since all of the Committees are meeting on Jan. 24, the Worship Team meeting planned for 1/19 has been rescheduled for that date. Please keep us in prayer as we continue our search for the new Minister of Music.
- We began a new Sermon Series on Jan 10 entitled "Red Letter" The Teaching of Jesus in the Gospel of Mark, an in depth study of the Word. Please join us as we take a deeper look into the Gospel of Mark.
- We continue to pray for Billye Willette who will be beginning Chemo treatment this week, for Joyce Yates in Trevecca Rehab, Jim Atwell who is home recovering from colon surgery, Tess Frohock who has a sinus infection, for Helen Neely in St Thomas with a broken pelvic, and for Cory Martin and family.
- Remember those who are homeless and suffering from the cold weather and help if you are able.