Have you signed up for the 5th grade wax museum??
This Week's Events
Thank you for your patience during this very busy week with ISAT prep and non-tenured evaluation conferences! If you need me (Kathy) for anything, please contact the office, send an e-mail, or call my cell phone!
Monday, February 24
- (Battle of the Books; 12-1 in LLC)
Tuesday, February 25
- Staff meeting: Faith on a Cart; 8:30-9 a.m.
- Kindergarten Round-Up (Doors open @ 6:15 ; Program @ 7)
- (After School Tutoring; 3:30-5 in LLC)
Wednesday, February 26
- BLT; 8:30 in LLC
- (ELL Tutoring; 3:30-4:30 p.m. in LLC)
Thursday, February 27
- Shift Day: Friday Schedule
- 5th grade wax museum- sign up in the Staff Center!
- Kathy out/ ICE conference
- IEPs/Problem Solving as planned
- Floor hockey; before school in gym
- (Wheaton Park District Basketball; 6-7:30 in the gym)
Friday, February 28
- Institute Day- Start @ Lowell; 8 a.m. in LLC (Unless your department has informed you otherwise); move to Hubble for remainder of day at 9:15. More details are coming!
- Jamboree; 5-8 p.m. THANK YOU for sharing your space and your time!
Next Staff/Committee Meetings REVISED
February Staff Meetings:
- Tuesday, February 25- (Faith on a Cart/ District Updates)
BLT: Wednesday, February 26
Wellness Committee: Monday, February 24
Instructional Team: Tuesday, March 18
Behavior Task Force: March 19th; 1/2 day a.m.
Aide monthly meeting: March 20; 8:30-9 a.m.
Important Jamboree Reminders
Jamboree 2014 is almost here! It will be held on Friday, February 28, 2014.
We are excited to be planning this annual fundraising event and are grateful for the part you are playing to make it a success.
- Please pass on any Jamboree-related items to your students as soon as you receive them. Carnival tickets and raffle tickets will be sent home as orders are fulfilled.
- Please be sure to check your mailbox Thursday afternoon, February 27th, so that you may distribute any last-minute items.
- Volunteers will begin setting up on Thursday, February 27th, starting at 5:00pm.
- All the classrooms on the first level will be used for games and activities, and this year the Candy Grams will be located in the fifth grade hallway (specifically Room 205).
- If you could help us by clearing the desks from the center of your classroom Thursday afternoon, we would really appreciate it. If you need assistance with that, please let Mrs. Melton or Mr. Hernandez know. We will do our best to make sure that everything is left as we found it.
- Each activity will be supervised by at least one or two volunteers at all times.
- The OT room will be open during the event for parent-supervised sensory breaks. Please feel free to notify any parents you think might want to take advantage of that quiet space for their children.
- Volunteers will clean up Friday night and Saturday morning.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. Thanks again for all your help—we look forward to seeing you at Jamboree!
Olivia Evans & Brigid Coleman
Long Term Planning
As we keep communication within school and with our parent community a priority, please communicate any important dates that parents may need to know. Please be thinking about special events that you or others in our building may host so we can plan for timely communication of those events.
- Mondays until otherwise announced- 4th/5th talent show auditions w/Mrs. White in music room; noon-12:30
- Fridays until otherwise announced- talent shows in 4th/5th grade lunch; talent show team eats lunch with Mrs. White prior
- January 20-March 14- Kane County Cougars reading program
- March 18: Kane County Reading parent verification forms due to Anne McDonald
- March 20: Dance in PE
- April 11: Kane County Cougars game
- April 11: Dental Clinic
- April 22: Step Up Day at Franklin
- April 25: Culture Fest
- May 3: Lowell 5K
- May 16: Beautification Day; 3:30-5
- May 22: Kane County Cougars game
- June 3: Discovery Day