We are their only voices. Adopt a pet. Love a pet.
Why is Pet Abandonment Happening?
- Pets are not behaving well and the owner does not want to take responsibility for it.
- Sometimes, owners can not afford to keep it and care for the dog or pet.
- Every once in a while, there comes a natural disaster and the pet's house gets destroyed and becomes lost or stranded.
Groups & Organizations
- Re-home Waikato is a group that helps animal abandonment. It has a Facebook Page that helps advertise animals in their shelter.
- Hearts for Animals is a club that teaches about animal abandonment. They do fundraisers to get money and donate at their local animal shelter.
- SPOT Global is an organization that helps animal abandonment. This organization talks about the hazards of abandoned and stray animals.
Why is There so Much Pet Abandonment?
- There is pet over population.
- There is not enough responsible owners.
- People are not spaying or neutering their pets.