Falcon Ridge Family Updates
February 27, 2023
News and Tidbits
I hope you had a dynamite winter break with your family!
Please check out this week's newsletter for important information about the Falcon Ridge food drive and PTO events.
As a reminder, Brown Bus has adjusted the first two bus stop times due to construction. Please check the brown bus schedule on the website to see updated stop times. As we approach the winter season please be mindful of driving conditions. Please note that due to inclement weather (snow, slick roads, etc.) and the traffic delays caused by the inclement weather that routes could possibly be running :15 minute +/- late. Please be patient, prepared and plan accordingly.
This Friday is Maintenance Man Appreciation Day! We appreciate Mr. Miley and the amazing work he does for our school. Please feel free to send a note of thanks.
Our theme this year is Keep on Truckin'. Our character development will focus on a growth mindset. This month's character trait is kindness. Be sure and ask your student if he/she has earned a Falcon Card.
We are glad you have chosen Falcon Ridge Charter School as your school of choice. We are honored to partner with you in your child's education.
Keep on Truckin',
Friday is Maintenance Man Appreciation Day!
Happy Birthday Mrs. Miley! (2/24)
Celebrating 100 School Days in Kindergarten!
Stem Club Enjoyed a Volcanologist Lab
Elementary Science Students Made Edible Soil
7th and 2nd Graders Created Valentines for the Elderly Folks
6th and 1st Graders Created Valentines for the Elderly Folks
4th Grade Scientists Mapping the Ocean Floor
STEM NASA Moon Base Activity
Our Amazing Staff Playing an Impromptu Game of Bump for Bus #8
Student Dress Code
In an effort to provide a safe and orderly school environment for your children, we will expect the following dress guidelines followed by the students of Falcon Ridge Public Charter School. Our focus at Falcon Ridge Public Charter School is to create an educational atmosphere with the fewest disruptions.
1. Gang attire of any kind is strictly prohibited, ie. Garments that are suggestive or garments that advertise illegal substances or obscene statements are not allowed.
2. Brief garments such as halter tops, bare midriffs, tube tops, net tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, and plunging necklines (front or back) are not appropriate. All shirts must be wider than three adult fingers on the shoulder. Shorts and skirts shorter than fingertip length are inappropriate.
3. Pajamas or slippers of any kind are strictly prohibited.
4. Makeup (lipstick, rouge, blush, eye makeup) are not allowed at Falcon Ridge Public Charter School. Blemish correction and clear lip gloss are acceptable.
5. Hair color will be within the natural color spectrum (brown, black, blonde or auburn.)
6. No pierced jewelry, other than in the ears, will be permitted.
7. Students will wear or change into athletic shoes for P.E.
8. No hats indoors except for special spirit days.
Our goal is to provide an academic environment free of distractions being conducive to learning and a social environment that supports the development of kind and respectful relationships. Use of any electronic devices such as cell phones must be turned off and in your backpack at all times. Any student using their phone or any electronic device other than before or after school will have them confiscated. If a student needs to contact a parent, he or she should come to the office. Conversely, if a parent needs to contact a student, he or she should contact the office.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
· Students can be dropped off for school at 7:50 am. Before that time, there is no supervision for students.
· When dropping off/picking up students, please be patient and drive slowly. Safety is a top priority for us.
· We start dismissal at 2:45 pm. Dismissal takes some time, so please don’t be concerned if students aren’t coming outside right away.
· If you are picking up your student, please wait in your car until your student comes to you. Students being picked up are dismissed last, so please be patient.
· If you are parking and walking to the front door to pick up your student, please be aware that the small parking lot west of the school is closed during dismissal. This is to protect students exiting to school buses. Please park in the larger parking lot, walk to the front of the school, and walk your student to your car. Students are not allowed to walk through the buses or the car pick up line by themselves.
· Please pick up your student on time. Students not picked up on time wait with a staff member, so please try to be prompt.
Dismissal Changes--If your student has a change in their normal dismissal plan, please follow these guidelines:
· If you know about the change before school starts, send a note with the student for the teacher.
· If you know about the change after school starts and before 12:00 pm, please email the teacher directly (for middle school, email the 8th period teacher.)
· If dismissal changes happen after 12:00 pm, please email the office, email@example.com.
· Please try to take care of all dismissal changes by 2:00 pm. If there is an emergency and a dismissal change needs to happen after 2:00 pm, please call the school office. Messages will be checked before final dismissal, but we will not have time to return phone calls.
Average Daily Attendance
K - 97.50%
1st - 94.83%
2nd - 98.97%
3rd - 98.57%
4th - 92.42%
5th - 93.33%
6th - 91.56%
7th - 98.48%
8th - 93.55%
Parents, the PTO shares information and events on their PTO Facebook page. The group is called "Falcon Ridge PTO & Parents" and should be accessible via this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/319697921566543/.
PTO Meeting Thursday 3/2 at 7pm
March 10th Dining out Fundraiser with Panda Express in Kuna (10:30am-10pm)
PTO Meeting Thursday 4/6 at 7pm
April 7th SPRING CARNIVAL!
Details to come soon!
April 21st Dining Out Fundraiser with Pieology in Kuna (10:30am-9pm)
Kindness Resources for Parents
13 Ways to Raise a Caring and Compassionate Child
Good Manners for Kids to Have
- Saying “thank you” after something is received, given or exchanged.
- Using the word “please” when you’re asking for help or would like to receive something you want or need.
- Looking people in the eye when you greet them or if they’re talking to you. (Once toddlers master please and thank you, then begin working on eye-contact.)
- Greeting others with “hello” or “goodbye” as well as responding to someone when they greet you.
- Saying “I’m sorry” or “excuse me.”
- Holding the door open for others.
- Not speaking over others, but waiting until it’s their turn to talk.
2/20 - 2/24 Winter Break - No School
2/24 - Ski Night @ 6p.m.
3/1 ~ STEM Club
3/3 - KHS Registration meeting at Falcon Ridge @ 2pm
3/3 - Maintenance Appreciation Day
3/10 - Lottery Closed
3/15 ~ STEM Club
3/17- Choir Concert @ 2:15
3/20 -3/24 Spring Break
STEM Club Dates