100's Day Celebration
Ms. Beyer's Grade 1 Class
Our 100 day of school is fast approaching. We will be celebrating 100’s day on Thursday, February 11 and Friday, February 12. As part of our learning activities I am asking that each student prepare a collection of 100 things. In order that each child has a completed collection to use for our learning activities, please have your child return their collection of 100 things no later than Wednesday, February 10.
Making the Colleciton
Please put the collection in the large zip-lock bag provided and write your child’s name on the outside of the bag. Inside the large zip-lock bag please help you child collect 10 groups of 10 items. Please place them randomly in the large zip-lock. At school we will be sorting the items into groups of 10. Some ideas for your child’s collection are:
- Popsicle sticks
- paper cut outs
*Just a reminder, we are a nut free school. If using food items as a collection items, please ensure your child is including only healthy food items.
- Monday we will be attending a workshop on How to take care of a pet. This workshop is presented by the Ottawa Humane Society.
- Tuesday is Shrove Tuesday. Many families mark this day before Lent with a pancake breakfast or dinner.
- Wednesday is Ash Wednesday (the first day of Lent). We will be having a Mass in the gym. Please have your child return his/her 100's Day collection.
- Thursday we will begin our 100's Day celebration.
- Friday we will continue our 100's Day celebration and we will also celebrate Valentines Day. Here is a list of student names:
Daniel Justin Gabriel Hailey Betin Faith Naisha Jacob Keilani
Matthew Roman Isabelle Tristan Nolan Walrian Anderson Elliot