By: Anna Tyler
all about deserts
- Deserts are pretty simple.
- When you think of them you think sand
- Cactus and pretty much nothing but deserts are actually pretty cool
- Deserts are covered with sand and found all over the world.
- The four main types of deserts are hot and dry, semiarid, coastal, and cold.
*Light rainfall in the winter
*Days are hot and the nights are cool
*Makes dew that provides water for the desert plants and animals
Hot and Dry:
*Africa, southern Asia, North and South America, and Australia
*120 degrees Fahrenheit
*Rain evaporates before reaching the ground.
*Western coasts of continents, such as Africa and North and South America
*Dry, cold ocean air
*Summers, long and warm
*55 degrees Fahrenheit to 75 degrees Fahrenheit
*Fogs, from the ocean during wintertime.
*Asia, North and South America, and Antarctica
*summers are short
*Summer temperatures 70 degrees Fahrenheit
*Winter, long and cold
*28 degrees Fahrenheit
*Snow falls winter and sometimes summer
Underground water supply:
*Stone, adobe, a crude cement
*Below you will find a picture of a cotton plant in the desert.
reptiles, birds, and mammals
there are mammals like camels.
there are also insects like spiders
and the reptiles are lizards, turtles, and camellias