Blue Jay Bulletin for Parents
October 5, 2020 - Issue 12
Dear Blue Jay Families,
We have turned the page to October and school is still in session. Thank you for your continued efforts and communication with the school regarding your child's health and the precautionary measures you have taken since the start of the school year.
A couple of items to note this month...
- October 29 is an early dismissal for Parent-Teacher Conferences. We will have Fall Festival classroom parties and crafts that day. You can send treats with your child(ren) or drop off at the office but will not be able to stay for the classroom parties. We will not be dressing up this year to parade around the elementary or going to the nursing home. I don’t love it, believe me, but far too many logistical challenges. We do have Red Ribbon Week that week with the opportunity to express themselves in other ways...
- We will be celebrating Red Ribbon Week the week of October 26-30. See document below for themed dress-up days. A special thanks to our Student Council for the input!
- If children stay to play on the playground after school from 3-5pm, please have a supervising adult present/on campus.
- 1st Quarter Parent-Teacher Conference letters will be going home later this week. A look ahead for 3rd Quarter conferences...we are going to try an option where you can sign up online for a specific time. Conferences will still be in-person. More to come!
- We will have two virtual STEM Showcases this year (Dec 14 and May 10)...teachers are gathering pictures and videos of the modules to share on a group video.