Spotswood High School
Home of the Trailblazers
Students are welcome to stop by the Counseling Office to make an appointment request.
Monday: 9:00 - 2:30
Tuesday: 9:00 - 2:30
Wednesday: 9:00 - 2:30
Thursday: 9:00 - 2:30
Friday: 9:00 -1:00
What is Career Coaching?
Career Coaching empowers young people to make informed decisions regarding their futures and to actively map the pathways to meet their goals. Spotswood's Career Coach, Meredith, may assist students in the following way:
- Individual and Small Group Career Assessment – helping students determine career fields that are of interest to them
- Career Exploration – assisting students in conducting informational interviews, job shadowing, internships, and interactions with local business and industry
- Developing and Updating Career Plans – developing an educational/training plan to assist students in meeting their career goals
- Guidance on Programs of Study – informing student of career and technical centers, community colleges, and four year colleges and universities available for future study in varying fields of interest
- Assistance with college and financial aid application process
- Career Skills – Conducting mock interviews, teaching/reviewing interview skills, resume writing and cover letter development
- Professional Skill Development – communication, problem solving, work ethic, time management, and self awareness
LINK to Career Coach's Corner Meeting:
Please follow the link below to a recording of today's session
The College Application Process.
Click on Slide 4 to view the session broken down by topic. Please allow 24 hours for the full session to be posted.
We will be posting each week's session on this page, so save the link for future access if you'd like.
Here is a Workroom with resources for students who do not plan on attending college:
Is architecture or construction a career you maybe interested in?? Join our Career Coach on
Thursday, Oct 1 @ 1:30PM for a zoom meeting with Shickel Corp located in Bridgewater to learn more about these career fields!!
Link to meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_C2lN6ie-RgG-MYgKIyEyQQ