MSA Comings & Goings
Friday, August 31, 2018
2018 - 19 SCHOOL YEAR!
We are looking forward to seeing all of our new and returning students on Tuesday, September 4th. We hope students have had a great summer break and are ready for a successful school year.
A few reminders for both parents and students...
The late and uniform policy will be strictly enforced from day one of the school year. Please review the letter that was sent home in June with student report cards to refresh yourselves of the guidelines and expectations (ie: NO nail polish; make-up; lines cut in boy's hair or eyebrows; extreme unnatural color/highlighted hair; earrings on boys/second earrings on girls! Any un-authorized jewelry will be confiscated from students and returned at the end of the term so please make sure to remove all inappropriate items before arriving at school. Boys are not permitted to place their earrings in the collars of their school shirts. Students should wear proper knee length socks. Please refer to the student handbook for the full uniform policy to be aware of what is acceptable.
At NO time should parent's park their vehicles in a way that blocks the road, pedestrian gate or business entrances on Washington Street when dropping off or collecting students from the school premises. Administration appreciates everyone's cooperation.
- Wednesday 5th: Elementary Assembly at 8:35 am in Auditorium
- Wednesday 5th: ELP Meet the Teacher at 5:30 pm
- Thursday 6th: MS/HS Assembly during TA
- Friday 7th: Spiritual Development Day for Middle/High School
- Friday 7th: Non Uniform for Bda Sickle Cell Association ($5 donation to participate)
- Tuesday 11th: Elementary Meet the Teacher 5:30 pm
- Wednesday 12th: Middle School Meet the Teacher 5:30 pm
- Thursday 13th: High School Meet the Teacher 5:30 pm
- Friday 14th: PAL's Wacky Hair Day non-uniform day ($2 donation to participate)
- Monday 17th - 21st: School Picture Week (schedule will follow in due course)
- Wednesday 19th: Elementary Open House 12 noon - 1 pm
- Friday 21st: Grandparents Mass at 10:30 am (Elementary)
- Friday 21st: Home & School Association AGM/Welcome Back Reception at 5:30 pm
- Wednesday 26th: Grade 12 Parent Meeting at 5:30 pm
- Friday 28th: Elementary Spirit Day (non-uniform for Elementary)
- Friday 28th: Ring Mass at 10:30 am (Grade 6 - 12) no pm classes for Grade 12
Class homeroom assignments will be posted on the first day of school.
Kindergarten will be posted on the Classroom doors.
Elementary class lists will be displayed in the Junior Lunch Room on the wall outside the Science classroom.
Middle School lists will be displayed outside the Main Office and in the Junior Lunch Room.
High School lists will be displayed inside and outside the Senior Lunch Room.
Middle and High School students must be in their classroom before the 8:10 am bell. Elementary students should be in the courtyard before the 8:25 am bell. ELP students can be dropped off in their classroom as early as 7:45 am but their class day begins at 8:25 am with the Elementary classes.
Kindergarten teachers will collect their students from the courtyard.
There is an additional Grade 4 class added this year. The new teacher for Grade 4B is Mrs. Jennifer Cassidy.
The new teacher for our Grade 5 class is Mrs. Mekana De Sa.
Ms. Lorna Wright is the new PE/Gym teacher who will be replacing Mrs. Kim Raymond.
The new 8B homeroom teacher Mrs. Vanessa Taylor. Mrs. taylor will be teaching Middle School Math and Science.
Mrs. Rondell Richardson will be teaching Grade 8 English, PE/gym and Tourism.
UNIFORM SHOP HOURS
Thursday 6th: 8:15 am to 9:15 am
Tuesday 11th: 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
Thursday 20th: 8:15 am to 9:15 am
Tuesday 25th: 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
Thursday 4th: 8:15 am to 9:15 am
Tuesday 9th: 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
Thursday 18th: 8:15 am to 9:15 am