November - 2021
End of Quarter 1
Parents can monitor student progress by using Canvas & ParentVUE.
Quarter grades are not final grades, but mark the halfway point to the end of Semester 1 (Jan. 27), when grades will be added to transcripts.
Virtual Family-Teacher Conferences
Nov. 22nd & 23rd
Conferences & time to connect with teachers will be virtual this year. This is a great opportunity to connect individually with your student's teachers, hear about all the great things they're learning, stay informed if there are any concerns & develop a plan for student success.
We will be using an online scheduling tool to help families select their times. More instructions will be coming soon.
Counselors Meeting w/ Juniors
Virtual College & Military Visits
Students should login to Maialearning.com using their school google account.
Under the "university" tab, the scheduled visits can be found.
In November, there are 40 virtual college & military visits scheduled for students to access.
In-person visits @ McDaniel are:
- Willamette University - Nov. 2
- Pacific University - Nov. 3
- Univ. of Portland - Nov. 4
Virtual College Panel - HBCU's, Hispanic Serving Institutions & Tribal Colleges
Nov. 10, 2-4pm Northwest Indian College (TCU)
Nov. 17, 2-4pm Oklahoma Panhandle State Univ. (HSI)
Dec. 1, 2-4pm Prairie View A&M Univ. (HBCU)
Students can use the College & Career Center (227) if they need a space to join virtually.
Senior College Application Help
11/3 & 11/4 FLEX
11/8, 11/15 & 11/29 @ Lunch
Students can also schedule an appointment with their counselor for support.
PCC Preview Day
PCC Preview Day (virtual)
- Hear about programs, degrees & certificates
- Spend time interacting with PCC faculty & staff
- Learn about financial aid & other scholarship opportunities
Friday, November 19
*Each student must register individually online
November is National Scholarship Month
- Prioritize scholarships specific to the colleges they are applying to.
- Create an account with Going Merry & apply for various scholarships with 1 application.
- Get the OSAC scholarship application started, it opened Nov. 1. This is how students apply to the McDaniel specific scholarships available.
- Check out this list from Oregon GEAR UP
Students who demonstrate the following will be competitive:
- Leadership potential
- Outstanding character
- Service to community
- Responsibility & strong work ethic
- Commitment to education
Application closes March 1st.
- $4,000 renewable scholarship
- high-achieving (3.0+ GPA)
- low-income students
- first in their family to earn a bachelor’s degree.