Drop Off & Dismissal Procedures
Back to School 2020-2021
If there is a change in your child’s dismissal plan or you need to send an excuse for their absence please email Mrs. Granchelli at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and their child’s teacher. We are trying to cut down on the paper communication between home and school. Thank you.
To reduce congestion, there will be four ways for students to enter the school building.
- All students riding the bus will enter at the front door near the preschool playground.
- K- 3rd grade students being dropped off will enter at the main door.
- Grades 4 & 5 students being dropped off will enter at the Gym Entrance door.
- Middle School students being dropped off will enter at the door at the top of the hill.
Students may not enter the building prior to 8:00 a.m. unless they have registered for the Before School program.
Parents/Caregivers will not be allowed to walk their K-8 children into the building or to their locker in order to alleviate congestion.
Preschool Drop Off
Mrs. Mazurek and Mrs. Pike will meet their students in the Cafeteria. Mrs. Chase's students may enter directly through her exterior classroom door.
· Buses will line up in the parking lot. Students riding the bus will remain in their classrooms until their bus number is called
Pick-Up for Pre-School
· Cars picking up students will line up on Ambleside in front of the school only. Please do not park on the other side of the island.
· Mrs. Chase's Pre-K will dismiss at 11:30.
· Full-day Pre-K will begin to dismiss at 2:25.
· Mrs. Pike will bring her class out the door closest to the preschool playground.
· Mrs. Mazurek will bring her children out the Main Office entrance.
Pick-Up Grades K-8
**Please put a paper sign in your passenger side window with your student's name written clearly in marker**
- Cars picking up students in grades K-2 should pull up on Ambleside Drive at 2:35 Students in this age group will be brought out the front entrance doors.
- Cars picking up students in grades 3-5 should pull up along Ambleside Drive at 2:45.
- Middle school parents will park on Ambleside to pick up their children at 2:55.
Please Note: Park in front of the building only. We do not want children crossing the island to the other side of the street. If you have two or more children being picked up in overlapping age groups, they will come out with the oldest child.