Las Positas Updates
10/10/21 Volume 1 (10)
Happy Sunday, Las Positas Lions~
We had a wonderful week of conference times as teachers, parents, and students discussed their student achievements. We hope the conference was meaningful in getting to know your teacher better and in learning how to continue supporting your student at home.
October is an exciting month. We have:
- Make-up pictures, 10/14, Thursday, if your child missed it the first time.
- Red ribbon spirit week: "Drug Free Looks Like Me" 10/25-10/29
- 10/25: Monday, Crazy socks-Courageous (accepting the challenge of wearing something crazy to spread awareness)
- 10/26: Twin day-Open-Minded (finding commonalities with others)
- 10/27: Red Out-Caring (showing empathy, compassion, and respect, showing support by wearing the color)
- 10/28: Super hero-Principled (acting with integrity, taking responsibility for actions)
- 10/29 Spirit Wear - Knowledgeable (As IB students, we engage with issues that have global and local significance)
- Halloween Costume: 10/29: Students may wear costumes, instead of the spirit wear, no face paint or face mask, please keep it positive and friendly for our TK friends, no blood or gory costumes and no weapons please. Students have PE, so you may want to send a change of clothes for them to change during recess if you don't want them to get sweaty.
October's IB Learner Profile is to be an "inquirer." How can you help to develop students who are Inquirers at home?
- Visit places that spark inquiry like a museum, park or nature preserve.
- Explore the areas of your child's interest by visiting the library to borrow books.
- Develop an understanding of the Internet. Work with your son or daughter when the Internet is being used and try to instill the understanding that some internet sites are not reputable.
- Model being an inquirer. Ask questions and wonder!
- Praise your child for asking a question
- Have your child jot down their wonders in a journal. Spend time researching these wonders
IB Learner Profile: Inquirer (Watch with your child)
Do You Need Help with Data Verification?
Please reach out to our Community Liaison, Blanca Morales-Marinez, if you need help or come in during our Technical support hours on Tuesdays & Thursdays 3 - 4PM in the library.
email@example.com (se habla espanol).
- 10/13- Drive-thru Food Distribution 10:45 - 11:45 AM
- 10/14- Make up Pictures
- 10/20- McTeacher's Night 4:30 – 7:30 PM
- 10/25-29- Red Ribbon Week
- 10/27- Coffee w/the Principal @ 8:30 on zoom
- 10/29- Trunk or Treat