April 8th, 2019
News and Announcements
AZMERIT and Spring Testing Dates
AzMERIT and AIMS Testing
AzMERIT testing for all 3rd-6th graders, and AIMS Science testing for 4th grade starts Monday, April 8th. Each student will take a Writing test, 2 ELA tests, and 2 Math tests (see below for dates for each grade level). All tests will be taken online.
Our school letter grade is largely determined by our students' achievement on the AzMERIT Tests. We ask you to help your student(s) do their best by making sure they get a good nights sleep and eat a healthy breakfast prior to testing. Also, we ask if you know that your student(s) will be absent or having to leave early/come late the day of their test, that you please notify their classroom teacher in advance. Students are not allowed to make up a test they have already started so it is vital they are given time to complete and allowed to finish.
To not disrupt the testing environment, the front office will not call classrooms that are testing. Please let the office know in advance at 602-449-4300 if there are circumstances requiring your student(s) to be picked up early from school on testing days. Parent Volunteering will be limited during testing times as well.
AzMERIT and AIMS Testing Schedule
- April 9th - Writing
- April 15th - ELA 1 & 2
- April 17th - Math 1 & 2
- April 8th - Writing
- April 10th - AIMS Science
- April 15th - Math 1 & 2
- April 17th - ELA 1 & 2
- April 8th - Writing
- April 16th - ELA 1 & 2
- April 18th - Math 1 & 2
- April 9th - Writing
- April 16th - Math 1 & 2
- April 18th - ELA 1 & 2
Make-up testing will be held the Friday of each week with the testing window closing April 26th.
Thank you all for your help and support with making sure all of our students do their best during State testing!
In an effort to continue to work and build a STEAM focus at Wildfire, WFES will be piloting a new digital curriculum to help build lessons and integrate STEAM education into our daily classroom curriculum. The 2019-2020 school year will feature the STEM:IT series, which is a K-12 library of digitally interactive projects designed to reinforce core subject matter through STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) practices and project-based learning activities. Using topic-driven challenges, coding game activities, and 3D modeling projects, students will experience how STEM is tied to the content they're learning in the classroom.
Check out the video below to see some of the latest STEAM Day projects that students have experienced at WFES and click here to learn more about STEM:IT
Make Your Day Feedback
Events and Lessons From Around Wildfire
The Stock Game (SMG) Update
Mrs. Martin and her students are currently doing a great job with their portfolios. They are ranked #1 in the region and #3 overall in the nation!
The Stock Market Game is an online simulation of the global capital markets that engages students grades 4-12 in the world of economics, investing and personal finance and that has prepared 17 million students for financially independent futures.
5th Grade Japanese Tea Party
Wildfire Students Help the American Heart Association
Our school has officially started Kids Heart Challenge with the American Heart Association. Help us fight heart disease by earning our heart heroes Echo, Finn and Ruby right now! Get started now by downloading our APP called Kids Heart Challenge for iPhone and Android OR go online CLICK HERE to View Our School Webpage and Sign Up (you can earn a glow in the dark bracelet just for registering).
Wildfire’s Kids Heart Challenge event day: April 12th
Donations are due: April 15th
4th Grade Field Trip to North Arizona
3rd Grade Viking Voyage
Over the Line - a yearly tradition at WFES
WFES competes at District Field Day
2nd Grade students work together on a group graphing project.
Family Math Night
Mathnasium of Desert Ridge hosted a family math night at WFES.
Students in grades K-3 competed in various events during their Fun Day!
1st Graders present their habitat dioramas
Fooling Mr. S
Enroll Now for the 2019-2020 School Year
New students will need the following documents:
- A completed registration packet
- Original birth certificate (a copy will be made by the school and the original document will be given back to you)
- Immunization records
- Proof of residency (i.e. utility bill or house payment or lease/purchase agreement)
To register for kindergarten, a student must be 5 years old prior to September 1st, 2019.
CREST STEM Academy
On the Calendar
Important Upcoming Dates
- Amerian Heart Association Jump Rope Challenge Week: April 8th - 12th
- Goodwill Drive: Ends April 11th
- AzMERIT Testing: April 8th - 18th
- Chorus Rehearsal: Tuesday, April 9th at 8:00 AM
- STUGO Meeting: Tuesday, April 9th at 3:20 PM
- AIMS Science Test (4th Grade Only): April 10th
- Greek Wax Museum for 2nd Grade: April 11th - 12th
- National Drop Everything and Read Day: April 12th
- After School Treats: April 12th
- Chorus Rehearsal: Tuesday, April 16th at 8:00 AM
- School Council Meeting: Tuesday, April 16th at 5:30 PM
- PTO Meeting: Tuesday, April 16th at 6:30 PM
- United Parent Council Meeting: Wednesday, April 17th at 8:45 AM
- Spring Break Day - No School: Friday, April 19th
- Book Fair: April 22nd - 26th
- AzMERIT Make-Up Days: April 22nd - 26th
- Chorus Rehearsal: Tuesday, April 23rd at 8:00 AM
- STUGO Meeting: Tuesday, April 23rd at 3:20 PM
- 3rd Grade Roman Play Performance: Wednesday, April 24th at 5:00 PM
- Chick-Fil-A Night: Thursday, April 25 at 5:00 PM
- 3rd Grade Roman Play Performance: Thursday, April 25th at 5:00 PM
- Box Top Collection Day: Friday, April 26th
- 2019-2020 STUGO Information Meeting: Tuesday, April 30th at 3:20 PM
- Strings Concert: Tuesday, April 30th at 6:30 PM
- Chorus Concert: Thursday, May 2nd at 7:00 PM
- PTO Silent Auction: Friday, May 3rd