Leading the Way
Region 6 Leadership Update
September 3, 2020
Many updates and professional development opportunities. Please share out with your staff.
Texas Home Learning (THL 3.0)
- THL FAQ
9/9 Adopting and Getting Started with
6-12 Math @ 1:00pm
9/10 Science Materials Overview @ 1:00pm
9/11 RLA Materials Overview @ 1:00pm
Materials will be rolled out into the spring of 2021.
To View Materials or Get Started with K-5 and/or 6-12 Math Materials:
Go to texashomelearning.org > scroll to and click on Instructional Materials
For the K-5 Materials: For the 6-12 Materials:
Not Approved: 10
- Common question: . How can we be funded under asynchronous instruction for students who do not have Internet access at home? Remote instruction for students without internet or computer access at home can be provided via an approved asynchronous plan. To be approved, the plan will need to include descriptions around the same requirements for asynchronous instruction for students that have internet and computer access and those who do not.
Campuses Rated Comprehensive or Comprehensive Progress--
2020-2021 Title I, 1003 School Improvement Grant
September 8, 2020 at 10:30
Join Zoom Meeting
TEKS Resource System
Gap Tools are available
A recording of the Gap Tool Implementation training
can be found on the web page listed below.
Resources will be released for each unit
Implementing TEKS Resource System
Update your user list
A recording of this session can be found on
the following web page.
- For 2020 state academic accountability, all districts and campuses will receive a label of Not Rated: Declared State of Disaster. However, districts and campuses shall continue to implement previously ordered sanctions and interventions.
- A campus may have its 2020–21 label updated from Comprehensive Reidentified to Comprehensive Progress based on revised exit criteria.
- Any campus that was identified as TSI or ATS in 2019 solely on the performance of its All Students group has been removed from those lists.
- Superintendents with a district or campus identified for interventions must select and enter contact information for their DCSI in the contacts tab in ISAM by August 31, 2020.
- Due to the disruption caused by the COVID-19 emergency, LEAs will have the option to follow standard submission structure or delay initial submissions for the current year
The lists of campuses identified for CSI, TSI or ATS for 2020-21 are posted on TEA’s website at: TEA 2020 Accountability
Based on the changes in methodology for identifying campuses for school improvement a total of 558 fewer campuses are identified for school improvement in 2020-21 than were identified for 2019-20, as summarized in the following table:
Assessment:Follow the link for updated information: STAAR Interim Assessments
STAAR Interim Assessments FAQ (PDF posted 08/07/20)
Calendar of Events - NOW AVAILABLE!!
Waiver of the Student Success Initiative (SSI) Promotion Requirements: Please note, not ALL SSI requirements have been waived.
There are only two pieces that are being waived this year:
Promotion/retention determination and
SSI requirements that still need to be met are:
End-of-year notice if districts received waiver for delay from 2019–20
Beginning-of-year notice (now available online)
10-day reporting of students’ results
ESC 6 DTC Training - COMING SOON!!
Introduction to TFAR Part 1 - https://youtu.be/QunpmcT3MBQ
Introduction to TFAR Part 2 - https://youtu.be/mCp4fxEPu6M
Assessment Webinars @ www.texasassessment.gov
English Learner programs - to think about right now
Everyone received LPAC training updates
Ensure EOY LPACs completed and testing of any students to potentially reclassify
Ensure all new students are identified - 4 weeks calendar weeks
PEIMS coding procedures in place to be clean
Check on services within your instructional delivery system - to make sure they’re happening
Gather teacher needs for training and tell Sandy Garcia!! :)
Bilingual ESL TEA Resources
New specialist, Itzil Welch
G/T 30 hour going on
SAVE THE DATE - October 27, 2020 - G/T Administrator Update - online only
CN - summer feeding can go through Dec. - need new application and be sure your staff receive TDA guidance for documentation
If you do not use a F&R lunch form - you need another method to determine income status for PEIMS reporting of low income students!
2020-2021 Leadership Opportunities:
Professional Development Opportunities
text @esc6leader to the number 81010