Save the (Day)tes:
- We will be in school on Monday, January 18 due to this week's snow day
- We are taking over the choir this Wednesday at mass. Join us if you can!
- Please see link below if your daughter is interested in Girls on the Run. It is an awesome program for girls in grades 3-5. They still have a few slots left. Sign up by January 31st deadline.
- I will be at an all-day ISTEP workshop on Thursday, Jan 21. Mrs. Coller will be subbing for me. If you need to notify your child of transportation changes that day, please email Cindy Miller.
- Catholic Schools Week: January 29 - February 5. Please see Mrs. Sternberg's newsletter for additional details. We have a ton of fun things planned!
This Week's Verse
Memorize by Thursday
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
We will be completing a couple activities for MLK Day on Monday. Love this quote!
A Great Reminder...
Math: We have been working diligently on representing fractions and equivalent fractions with models. This week, we will wrap that up with an at-home math project. I will be giving the kids directions on Monday. The project will be due on Friday. We will move into finding equivalent fractions by multiplying and dividing. There will be a quiz on equivalent fractions on Thursday. Timed multiplication fact quizzes on M/W/F as usual.
Reading: On Monday, we will be doing an activity involving Ruby Bridges. We will compare and contrast two texts on the same topic. We will continue with point of view on Tuesday. Lit Circles will meet Tuesday and Friday. Don't forget that your child should be reading 15-20 minutes each evening. AR cut date for the 3rd quarter is March 9.
English: With the snow days, we have not wrapped up Chapter 5 yet. We will do so this week and test over it on Thursday. DOL quiz Friday.
Writer's Workshop: MLK activity on Monday, constructed response
Spelling: more r-controlled vowels, tic tac toe due Thursday, TEST Friday
Religion: verse to be memorized by Thursday. I am in need of shoeboxes for a project we will do at the beginning of Lent. If you have a couple to send in, that would be great!
Science: rocks and minerals