Gobble Gobble Gobble
Table of Contents
- Important Dates
- TRIO Tutoring Resources
- WMU Tutoring Resources
- How To Study For Finals
- Final Exam Schedule
- Financial Aid Workshop Series Three
- Annual Potluck
- FAFSA Application
- College Of Education And Human Development 2019 Scholarships
- November 22: Financial Aid Workshop Series Three
- November 27-29: Thanksgiving Break
- December 9-12: Final Exams
- December 9-10: Final Exam Stress Reliever Bags
Did you know we have a TRIO Drop-In Tutoring program? We have a variety of individuals who tutor in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, Special Education, and Secondary Education and multiple classes within each of these program of study.
Did you know this program is created to be inclusive?
Here are the many ways you can utilize the tutoring program:
- Stop by during the available hours.
- Drop-off items for review or editing (such as papers, presentations, etc.)
- Email in items for review (papers, presentations, etc.)
- Schedule a phone/text/chat/video conversation.
- Email in questions.
Use this email for tutoring requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be specific in what you are requesting and provide adequate documentation such as Syllabus information of assignment.
If these options don't work for you, there are plenty of other options such as WMU's Writing Center and the Bronco Study Zone. Or you can stop by or email us a request for additional options that work better for you.
WMU Tutoring Resources
- The Bronco Study Zone is a good place to go for help with homework, studying tips, and time management skills. It is located at 3374 Rood Hall Monday-Thursday 8 am - 10 pm and Fridays 8 am - 5 pm. For more information, click the link below: https://wmich.edu/arts-sciences/academics/student-success/bronco-study-zone
- The Writing Center is a good resource to use if you need help with essays and other writing assignment. You can book an appointment on their website. For more information, click the link below: https://wmich.edu/academicsuccess
How To Study For Finals
- Review lecture notes from class! Re-reading and re-writing lecture notes can help you comprehend the material better.
- Go to your professor for office hours and help! Going to your professors office hours and reaching out to them about the fact you may need help in some areas is really resourceful.
- Studying with classmates! Studying with classmates is really helpful. You can look for certain people on E-Learning under the class list.
- Use TRIO Tutoring resources or Bronco Study Zone resources! Getting help from tutoring resources will always help. Don't hesitate to contact TRIO for a tutor or go to the Bronco Study Zone for help.
- Sleeping enough and eating enough! Sleep is key to passing your final exams as well as eating good. Having enough sleep before major exams is crucial. Eating healthy with high protein and good foods will help you throughout studying and taking exams.
Final Exam Schedule
Financial Aid Workshop Series Three: Scholarship Writing Workshop
Want to attend the Financial Aid Workshop Series Three: Scholarship Writing Workshop? This will be held Friday November 22, 2019 at 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Taco 'Bout A Potluck
Congratulations To The CEHD 2019 Scholarship Recipients!
- Daven Carter
Carolyn L. Burnett Endowment For Teacher Training
- Audra DeRidder
Patricia A. Chisholm Endowment For Theatre Education
- Ashley Snow
- John Wendland
P. Joann Womble Dehring Memorial Education Endowed Scholarship
- Dominique Lloyd
Zora And Frank Ellsworth Scholarship Fund
- Yelizaveta Parrish
- Katelyn Wybenga
John L. And Jane K. Feirer Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Tate Stowell
- Timothy Wink
- Olivia Watts
Fund For The Advancement Of Minorities In Education Scholarship
- Jovaughn Carver
- Jarae McCoy
- Cheyenne Rose
- Olivia Watts
Lucille J. Haines Endowment Fund
- Kristen Turner
Everett L. And Marian G. Holden Memorial Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Meaghan Anderson
Elsie Komm Maille Endowed Scholarship For Education
- Sawyer Ruffolo
Florence E. And Vernon A. Martin Prestigious Education Scholarship
- Jarae McCoy
Beulah And Harold McKee Scholarship In Early Childhood Education
- Aliea Chapin
Neil L. Schoenhals And Leta C. Schoenhals Undergraduate Memorial Award Fund
- Shelby Allard
- Kristina Allen
Marcia Vincent Sebaly And Avis Leo Mike Sebaly Scholarship
- Ashley Jones-Stewart
D.B. Tim And Gloria Shaw, JR. Tutorial Support Environment Fund
- Jenna Sokolowski
- Katelyn Wybenga
Samual Kenneth Smart, JR. Quasi Endowment Fund
- Nina Bozzo
Merze Tate Student Academic Endowment Fund
- Tiara Spain
The Farm Fund
- Stephanie Hauser
WMU Future Educators Program
- Jarae McCoy (Pickard Family Fund Scholar)
- Mayra Gasca (Dr. Rostami Scholar)