TKM: Thinglink Research Project
DUE: 4/7 (A) 4/8 (B)
Your project must include:
- Cover Title Page
- Summary of Main Events for selected topic (6-9 sentence summary): Who, What, When, and Where?
- Cause/Effect (6-9 AEC Paragraph): Why/How?
- Poem OR Advertisement
- Song OR Video
- Annotated Bibliography
- Audience Hand-Out
Set-Up a Google Doc
- Click the button below titled "Google Doc" to get your document started.
- This will be the Google Doc that keeps all of the links, videos, poems, audio clips, etc., so that they will all be in the same place.
- Make sure to share them with your teacher, as well as your partner (group)
Start With an Image [Used for Cover Page]:
- Perform a Google image search on your topic.
- Click "Search Tools" at the top.
- Click "Usage Rights" at the top and choose "Labeled for non-commercial reuse with modification."
- Select an image that has many conversation points.
- Right click and save the image on your H drive.
- Click "Visit Page" and use that info to create your citation on Easy Bib (You will include the URL too).
- On Easy Bib, click "All 59 Options" and "Digital Image". Fill in the blanks and create the citation. Copy the citation to a Google doc Bibliography page you create.
Now, you will conduct your research.
These will allow for a broad amount of research.
Finally...Set-Up your Thinglink
- Watch the instructional video on setting up and using ThingLink.
- Open a free Thinglink account here.
- Click "Create+" at the top.
- Copy and paste the URL of your image into Thinglink or Upload.
- Title your project with topic/names/teacher/class period. (ex: Jim Crow Laws/John Smith and Nancy Jones/Grandell/2A)
- Link your research items to the photo at the appropriate spots by clicking on the image (put some thought into this.)
- Click "Edit Image" and then "Sharing Settings" at the bottom.
- Set the image visibility as "unlisted" and then click "close" and "Save".
- Click "Share" and copy the link. This is what you will turn in to your teacher in the Google classroom.