Garage Door Spring Repair
Helpful Tips To Upkeep Your Garage Door Opener
Given the fact that the more you perform garage door opener maintenance the less stress and problem you can have in the near future. In fact, doing this kind of maintenance is probably one of the very important tasks that you can do in a consistent basis. Why? because you can assure that the garage door and garage door opener can function smoothly and safely each day.
As a matter of fact, when the opener is not well maintained, various garage door accidents can occur unexpectedly. Remember, the security of your family is in your hands. And if you don’t want them to experience unfortunate situations and injuries, you might have to restrain bad situations from happening. It will happen if you are going to do light tasks or maintenance. I hope this article will help you on how to take good care of your opener.
1. For safety inspection and maintenance, take off all your jewelries and accessories, don’t wear loose shirt and turn off the power of your garage door opener.
2. Inspect the hinges if they are rusted, if you can see any rust, remove it using steel wool. Then to clean the rails, surface and arms of the door opener properly, use a soft, clean cloth.
3. Inspect if there are faulty or damaged parts like fastener, cables and mounting brackets. Then, if you have seen any, do repair and replacement if you can or else ask someone to help you out.
4. When the chain started to slack off, all you have to do is to adjust the chain tension. Then, lubricate the axles, hinge pin and drive chain using a penetrating oil. To eliminate the excess oil, you can use clean cloth. Remember, the drive chain needs to be lubricated at least one or two times per year.
5. At last, don’t forget to check the safety reversing mechanism.
Then, when you are facing more difficult issues, you need the help of an expert for sure. If you want to meet a reliable technicians, just visit this link: http://www.garagedoor-springrepair.com/al/birmingham.