Simi Valley High School
School of Choice
Message from our Principal
Thank you for considering Simi Valley High School as your child's school of choice! Parents, students, and staff are partners in Simi Valley High School's Commitment to Excellence. We work together to maintain and improve our outstanding academic and extracurricular programs. We have the talent and we can make our vision a reality. The options we offer here at Simi Valley High School are meant to educate the whole child and will broaden horizons and opportunities for all our students. We have made this commitment and strive for the betterment of each student on our campus.
John C. Baxter, Principal
Career Technical Education Pathways
SVHS Pathway Options
Pathways provide students will important connections to teachers in their area of expertise which ensures programs are leveled to students' knowledge and skills. Coursework ensures a breadth of knowledge and skills which best prepare students for a career immediately after high school, a career technical program, or a focused college program. Within each course, teachers seek to provide 5 Essential Career Connections during the year. The breadth of these programs is partnered with the Ventura County Community College District and the Career Education Center from the Ventura County Office of Education. More specific information is available through each high school's Career & College Center
Software & Systems Development
College Credit Opportunities!
Dual Enrollment is an outstanding opportunity for current high school students to take college courses and achieve dual credit. SVHS has a working partnership with Moorpark College providing more and more opportunities for our students to take these courses on either Simi High's campus after regular school hours or at the college campus.
High school sports teams at Simi Valley High School, a proud member of the CIF Southern Section, encompass 22 athletic programs, making them an integral and invaluable part of the Simi Valley High School experience. These teams not only foster physical fitness but also instill critical life skills, offering students the chance to cultivate teamwork, discipline, and determination while forming lasting friendships. From Friday night football games that unite the community to the camaraderie forged on the basketball court or soccer field, high school sports at Simi Valley High School instill a sense of pride and school spirit that transcends the classroom. They teach students to overcome adversity, celebrate victories, and develop a strong work ethic, preparing them for the challenges they'll face in the future. Athletic programs are a fundamental component of a well-rounded education, contributing to character development and unforgettable memories.
Complete this form to schedule a tour!
Come see what we are all about! Hear, first hand, from our students their experience on campus and check out what an hour in the life of a pioneer looks like!
- Tuesday, December 5 at 8:45AM (Full)
- Tuesday, December 12 at 8:45am
- Wednesday, January 10 at 8:45am
- Thursday, January 11 at 8:45am (Traduccion al espanol disponible)
- Tuesday, January 16 at 8:45am
- Tuesday, January 23 at 8:45am
- Wednesday, January 31 at 8:45am
- Thursday, February 1 at 8:45am
Don't Miss Out On Our Pioneer Showcase!
Come out and see what makes SVHS a community school designed to provide a learning space for students making a difference! We have a culture of care and support where collaboration is the key to success. This night will feature opportunities to connect with our educators, students and various programs.
Thursday, Jan 18, 2024, 06:00 PM
Simi Valley High School, 5400 Cochran Street, Simi Valley, CA, USA
FAQ and School of Choice Information
1. Who do I contact if I have questions about a specific program, club, or academy on campus?
- Click for Staff Directory
2. I live outside Simi Valley. How do I enroll in SVHS?
- For out-of-district applicants, an inter-district permit from the district of residence will be required at the March registration night. Therefore, parents should apply for this permit upon acceptance to SVHS.
3. If the school is at capacity how does SVHS determine admission for acceptance?
- Should we receive more applications than there are spaces available, a lottery will be conducted to determine acceptance.
4. What is the bell schedule at SVHS?
- The Bell Schedule for 2024-2025 can be found at the bottom of the Coming to SVHS page here.
5. I am sold! What do I do now?
- Please visit our new student registration webpage. If we are not your homeschool you will need to complete a School of Choice application prior to registration. The application is due February 9, 2024. We will have a registration night on March 5th and 6th at SVHS.
6. If I complete the School of Choice Application after February 9th will I still be able to attend SVHS?
- Families who complete the School of Choice Application after the due date can still be accepted to attend. Their acceptance status would be contingent on space available after that point in time. The application has a timestamp when completed. Students will be placed on a waitlist in the order the application is submitted after February 9th.