- Lascaux cave is the world's most famous prehistoric cave.
- The cave contains 20,000 year old Palaeolithic cave paintings.
- Those cave paintings include almost 2,000 figures which include animals, human figures and abstract designs.
- The cave was discovered in 1940 by 4 boys looking for their dog.
- The colors in the cave consisted of powdered colors, brushes, and stumping clothes and spitting the pigment out of their mouth.
Come to Lascaux Cave!
When you come to Lascaux Cave you can take a tour to visit some of the oldest cave paintings in the world. These cave paintings are estimated to be up to 20,000 years old!