Mustang Round-Up News
October 10, 2022
Join us for the last evening of Parent/Teacher Conferences at Cheyenne Middle School Oct 10 from 4:30-8:00 pm. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to speak to your child’s teachers about how they are doing in their classes. Advanced scheduling is not necessary; simply come at your convenience and the teachers will be available to you in the gym and cafeteria. Conferences are a drop-in style format. 6th Grade and Elective Teachers will be in the main gym. 7th and 8th grade teachers will be in the cafeteria. Maps will be posted and available to locate your child's teachers by their team. In order to accommodate as many parents as possible, we ask teachers to limit conferences to 5-7 minutes per family. If you think that you will need additional time with a teacher, feel free to email them to schedule a separate conference with them accordingly.
Please access the Parent Portal to identify your child’s classes and teachers. While in the portal you can view grade and attendance information that can help guide the conversation with the teachers. If you do not have a Parent Portal account, please go to the Edmond Public Schools website (www.edmondschools.net) and click on the Parent Portal tab to learn how to establish an account.
Here are some helpful hints to help navigate conferences:
- Conferences are a great way to meet with a teacher or several teachers regarding your child's progress but conference attendance is not mandantory.
- Plan which teachers you must meet with and then those you might meet with. Sometimes it is impossible to meet with all 7 teachers.
- Math and English typically have the longest lines.
- 5-7 minutes is enough time to give a snapshot of your child's progress. If your conference time ends and you need additional details please reach out to your grade level counselor so we can plan an additional time to meet.
- Don't forget elective teachers. They are essential to many students success in middle school. They will be located in the main gym.
- Special Education Teachers and Speech Pathologist will be available to meet on this evening. You are welcome to contact ahead of time to make an appointment on either evening with a particular teacher.
We look forward to seeing you for Cheyenne’s Parent-Teacher Conferences.
We are Cheyenne! We are Mustangs!
@ScholasticBookFairs is coming to Cheyenne October 24 - 28 Click Below
Please consider volunteering to help at this year's Fair. Click Below
Student IDs Required to Be Worn Each Day
Students are required to wear their student ID each and every day. All students have received their initial ID for the year. Students that do not have their ID are expected to print a sticker to wear for the day. This should only be used in emergency situations. Students who have printed too many stickers will be expected to serve lunch detention and to purchase another ID for $5.
This is one of the district's many safe guards for our schools. IDs provide a quick glance of students that belong to our school, their grade level, and which parts of the building they should be in during the day.
Dress Code Reminders
The Edmond Public Schools Board of Education dress code policy. For reference - it is available by clicking here.
Please be sure your child is dressed according to the diagram labled appropriate. We will address dress code when students violate the policy. This could mean students putting on clothing we have in our clothing collection to meet the dress code. The goal is to return to class as soon as possible while meeting the dress code expectations.
Cheyenne and North Athletic Events
Our Mustangs have been exhibiting lots of school spirit over the past few weeks as they cheer on our Mustangs and Edmond North Huskies!
While we never want to dampen the enthusiasm of our students, please keep in mind a few key points:
- Students should always be on their best behavior while attending home and away games.
- Students should remain in the stands unless they need to access the concession stand or restrooms.
- Win or lose, students should cheer on our team without mocking or being disrespectful to the other team.
- Please have a pick up plan for your students if you drop them off at an event. Games, especially volleyball and softball, often end sooner than you might imagine, and we don't want students hanging out after a game is finished.
- Middle school athletic passes are different than high school student passes. Make sure if you are purchasing online tickets, that you are purchasing the correct pass. If given the option, enter your students ID (found on the home screen of the parent portal) to unlock other pricing options.
- Mrs. Peeler, the principal at North, sent an email to families regarding expectations at North games including how to purchase tickets. Please see the link below for more details.
Dates to Remember
Online Lunch Accounts
Please take advantage of the options to prepay your student's meal accounts.
EPS Athletic Tickets
Sports Tickets- Home Town Ticketing (Digital Purchases)
Multisports Passes are purchased digitaly this year and saved to your phone.
Purchase your sports tickets online now.
DROPPING OFF ITEMS
We ask that you check with your student before they walk out the door and make sure they are prepared for the day. This includes having their, Chromebook, ID and Lunch. If your student does forget their lunch or something they need for school, we have a cart in our front lobby with grade levels. This will be rolled back into the common area for the students to pick up their items during passing. Please drop off LUNCHES or SCHOOL SUPPLIES ONLY.
If you are dropping off an instrument or athletic equipment we will place this by the back office door for them to come up and get during their passing or after school. Please make arrangements with your student regarding these items and where to retrieve them.
Cheyenne Middle School
Link Lowe, Assistant Principal & Athletic Director, 7th grade administrator
Karyn Garcia, Assistant Principal, 8th grade administrator
Dana Black, Counselor 6th
Melissa Krause, Counselor 7th
Lindsey Speligene, Counselor 8th
Location: 1271 West Covell Road, Edmond, OK, USA