Paw Print News
Carol Rae Ranch Elementary
Welcome to the 2020-2021 School Year
School Supply Lists
Band & Strings for 5th graders
Students going into fifth grade need to select a music class. If you have not signed up for a music class please help your child start their specials classes on day one by selecting your music class. Please follow this link to sign up.
Logging into the Chromebook and the Student google account:
Our K-2 students are used to logging in to their computers at school with a QR code. However, at home they will need their real username and password (teachers will give these to you) to login to their school Google account (which will allow them to log in to the GPS Portal and Buzz).
*Friendly tip: Students' passwords follow a protocol -
gps+first initial of first name +last 4 of their Student ID
Example: Stacey Pasquel > gpss1234
If you or your student does not know how to log in, please follow the directions on the Tech Support site: https://sites.google.com/gilbertschools.net/parentsinstructionaltechnology/home
BUZZ Platform Info
- During online learning students will be using the Buzz platform, our official district online learning platform, to connect with their teacher(s), and to access the Florida Virtual curriculum.
- Students will use the GPS Portal to access Buzz on a daily basis while learning online.
- Our GPS Parent Technical Support website is now live, providing parents with all the information they need to be successful online including login information for our district online platform, Buzz.
- Video on parent BUZZ log-in: Click here to view a ‘Parent Onboarding’ video for Buzz.
- Student orientation for Buzz will be available prior to have access to their courses on August 5th.
- Communication will continue to be sent out from your school(s) with information regarding schedules, meet the teacher etc.
- Please reference www.gilbertschools.net/backtoschool for clear expectations regarding online learning, for our students, and our parents.
How Parents to log into BUZZ:
Starting the School Year Online and Transitioning to Campuses
Our schools are prepared to deliver an exceptional online learning experience for all of our students. We also have comprehensive plans in place to transition our students from online learning to their chosen learning model for 2020/21.
In order to minimize learning disruptions and to create effective and supportive connections between our teachers and students we will implement the following:
- All students who select the full-time online option for the 2020/21 school year will begin in GPS Global Academy August 5th.
- All students who select full-time on campus will begin online August 5th with their classroom teacher(s), transitioning to campuses when schools reopen.
- All students who select Flex will begin online August 5th with their Flex teacher(s), and then transition to part-time online, part-time on campus with that same teacher when school reopens.
Student Expectations for Global Academy Online Learning
Students will use their first name and last name when joining WebEx sessions.
Students will make sure they sit in a well lit area, without any inappropriate items behind them.
Students will follow the Gilbert Public Schools dress code.
Students will keep the web camera on.
Students will keep themselves muted until the teacher asks them to unmute.
Students will only share their screen with teacher permission.
Students will use any chat features appropriately; to ask questions and make appropriate comments about what is being discussed.
Students will not record any video conferencing sessions.
Please note: Teachers will remove a student from a conference session if the above expectations are violated, inform administration, and call the parents/guardians to report any disrespectful or inappropriate behavior.
Parent Expectations for Online Learning
- Create a supportive learning environment and provide resources for learning including:
- A suitable physical environment for learning, with space, and no interruptions.
- A regular schedule that includes logging in for learning every school day
- Enough rest and sleep
- Access to a laptop for online learning
- Communicate regularly with teachers(s) and school regarding the needs of your child:
- Collaborate with teachers to increase student motivation and engagement
- Reach out to school administrators with concerns or to request assistance.
- Keep up to date with how you can support your child’s learning.
- Communicate any barriers to participating in remote learning.
- Attend the on-boarding meeting with your student if possible and appropriate.\
- Review the introductory materials for each class with your student.
- Complete the Annual Update to ensure your school has accurate contact information, and emergency contact information.
- Be active in monitoring student progress.Claim your Buzz parent portal account so you can follow along with your student’s progress. Enable text and email alerts if they will help.
- Take good care of district-provided devices and utilizing district services for technical support when required.
Annual Update for 2020/2021
If you haven’t already, it is time to complete the online ‘Annual Update’ to prepare for the new school year. The ‘Annual Update’ in Infinite Campus allows you to tell us of any updates to your contact information, address changes, and updates to emergency contacts.
In order to ensure we can communicate with you regarding your student, or in case of emergency, it is essential that we have your up-to-date contact details. Please log in to your Infinite Campus parent portal and complete your student’s ‘Annual Update’ today.
To log in to Parent Portal:
For instructions on how to log in to Infinite Campus and troubleshooting: