Week of October 22nd
Important Dates for the Week:
* Red Ribbon Week - All Week Long!
- Kindergarten Field Trip
- 3rd/K PLC
- 2nd Quarterly Planning - all day at Horton Staff Development Building
- Chipotle Family Night
- 4th Quarterly Planning - all day at Horton Staff Development Building
- SLT Meeting - after dismissal in Media Center
- Unity Day - wear orange and post pictures on social media to show support for UNITY!
- 2nd Grade Field Trip
- 1st PLC
- Eddie/Mandy out in am for test training
- 5th/4th/2nd PLC (notice date change for 4th grade)
- EC PLC after dismissal
- Read to Achieve Parent Night - 3rd Grade
- End of First Quarter of School
Science Fair is fast approaching. Entry forms are due October 29. There are extra copies on the worktable in the mailroom. Please return completed forms to Juliana Maul or Lisa Lowing (form does require a teacher signature). Display boards will be provided after entry form is completed and turned in. Display boards can be picked up from the media center (near the checkout desk) or let Juliana or Lisa know and they will deliver the boards. Projects will be due November 13. Also, there will be an open house on November 13 from 6:00 to 7:00. All are invited. Please let Juliana or Lisa know if you have any questions.
Red Ribbon Week:
Please join in the fun and support/encourage Red Ribbon Week.
Monday - Crazy/Mismatch Socks
Tuesday - Favorite Jersey/Team Shirt
Wednesday - Wear Orange - Unity Day
Thursday - Wear Red, White and Blue
Friday - Jaguar spirit/colors or future career
Hello Tech Con:
- There was a group from NCE that attended a literacy conference last summer put on by Jen Jones. I received information about a Tech. conference that is coming up that Jen Jones is doing with a colleague and it sounds pretty interesting. If you are interested in attending, please let complete this form. The date is January 19th.
- Check ins will not be occurring in 4th/5th grade this week. Once new dates have been secured with grade levels/technology, we will let everyone know.
Academic All Stars:
- UNC sent our school 42 flyers with codes to attend a Men's Basketball game in November. This is a K-5 program and UNC would like us to select students based on academic growth or character achievements. Please work with your grade level to select students that ROAR consistently and/or have shown lots of growth (you can consider last years information) to receive these flyers. It would be wonderful to send these flyers home with students next week. Each grade level can add seven names. Please make sure you work to have a name from each homeroom and that your grade level list is as balanced as possible. See Carla if you have questions.
November Teacher Meeting/Boosterthon:
- The Boosterthon team would like for us to adjust the November Staff meeting to be directly after the Pep rally. Please make note of this date change - Pep Rally and November Staff Meeting will be held on November 8th!
School Improvement Plan:
- Attached to this Jaguar Journal is the latest version of our 2018-19 School Improvement Plan. Please read over it and provide any feedback/questions to your rep. We will discuss the plan at our meeting Tuesday. We will need all certified staff members to complete the following form to vote on approving the plan prior to Friday. Plans will be shared with the School Board on November 5th.