So Many Things to Know about WNHS!
September 20, 2019
Homecoming is Coming!
- Homecoming Court nominations are in process and will be announced at our Kickoff Assembly on Monday.
- Students in clubs and teams are already decorating the windows around the building. Winning club or team receives a $50 prize. Windows will be judged Tuesday, Sept. 24, at 8:20 AM.
- Window decorations on the Square will occur on Sunday, September 22, from 1 to 3 PM. Each class was assigned a window by Student Council. Help us thank our local businesses by supporting them in the next week. They are Thoughtfulness Shop, Double Yolk, Chilly Willies, and Read between the Lynes.
- Float Building begins on Sunday at 3:30 PM until 8 PM at the County Fairgrounds. It continues after school on Monday and Tuesday. Floats must be completed by the end of the day on Tuesday.
- Compass Cash will be awarded to students who follow our dress up theme each day. See the poster below for the themes.
- Homecoming Dance tickets go on sale during lunches on Monday, Sept. 23, and continue until Thursday, Sept. 26. The cost is $15 per person in advance or $20 at the door. Students with enough compass cash can purchase a half price ticket on Thursday.
- Winter Clothing Drive. Help us help families that are in need this winter. Send us your gently used Winter Clothing: coats, hats, scarves, gloves, snow pants, boots in all sizes and colors. The class that bring in the most items will have points added to their class competition totals.
- Voting for King and Queen will be between Tuesday and Thursday next week. All students will receive a link in their email to vote for their choice. King and Queen will be crowned at Half Time of the Football Game!
- Bonfire and Game night will be Thursday, Sept. 26 at 6 PM. This year we will have a class relay race, Tug-o-War, and a new game - WICKED BALL! Bonfire will be started at 6 PM and class competition begins at 6:30 PM. Don't miss this - it's going to fun!
- Homecoming Parade on the Square steps off at 2 PM. We will have a quick assembly before we dismiss students to go to the Square. Shuttle buses will take students to the square that do not have their own transportation. Students who have permission already from their parents to drive to school may drive themselves to the Square. Don't miss the assembly as one lucky staff member will be KISSING A PIG!
- Homecoming Football game starts at 5:15 for JV, and 7 PM for Varsity against Harvard.
- CLASS COMPETITION winners will be announced at the game.
- Homecoming Dance is from 7 - 10 PM on Saturday, Sept. 28 at WNHS. Coat (and shoe) check will be available for $1. Some food and drinks will also be available. We have a great DJ planned, don't miss out.
Schedule for Friday, Sept. 27th with Parade
- 0 Period 7:20 - 8:10 50 min
- 1 Period 8:20 - 8:45 25 min
- 2 Period 8:50 - 9:15 25 min
- 3 Period 9:20 - 9:45 25 min
- 4 Period 9:50 - 10:15 25 min
- 5 Period 10:20 - 10:45 25 min
- 6 Period 10:50 - 11:15 25 min
- 7 Period 11:20 - 11:45 25 min
- 8 Period 11:50 - 12:15 25 min
- 9 Period 12:20 - 12:45 25 min
- Assembly 12:50 - 1:20 30 min
- Load Shuttle Buses 1:25 pm
- Parade Set up by the Train Station; Floats arrive at 1:15 PM; Parade steps off at 2 PM.
Now’s the time to book your 4 Year Planning Meeting with your Counselor!
All freshmen parents, please book a session with your child’s school counselor when you schedule your child’s Parent/Teacher Conferences this year. The purpose of this meeting is to help your freshman navigate high school successfully while going over strategies to help develop your son/daughter’s 4 Year Plan at Woodstock North High School. Go to the school web page and click the link for Parent Conferences. Find your student's counselor based on the first letter of the student's last name (as shown below). The person that is named as guardian #1 in our student information system, is the who has the appointment access rights. If you are not guardian #1, and would like to make appointments, please contact our main office at 815-334-2100 for assistance. Each appointment will be approximately 20 minutes. If you would like more time, please call your counselor directly. At this time, priority appointments are being given to our 9th graders. If you are the parent of a 10, 11, or 12th grade student and would like an appointment, please call your counselor directly.
Mrs. Jessica Telander A - F (815) 334-2115
Mrs. Mary Blietz G - P (815) 334-2112
Mr. John Kohl Q - Z (815) 334-2110
PSAT Testing is October 16.
ALL JUNIORS AND SOPHOMORES WERE RECENTLY GIVEN A COPY OF THEIR PSAT TEST RESULTS FROM LAST YEAR - ASK THEM TO SHOW YOU HOW THEY DID AND HOW THEY CAN IMPROVE.
AP TEST DEPOSIT IS DUE by October 4!
Dual Degree Program comes to D200.
Woodstock Community Unit School District 200 and McHenry County College are excited to announce they have teamed up to offer McHenry County’s first Dual Degree program where students can obtain an Associate of Arts degree through a combination of dual credit high school coursework and MCC courses.
This program is designed for current freshmen students who plan to pursue a bachelor of arts degree and for satisfying the general education requirements at many universities, particularly those in Illinois. Freshmen students interested in applying for the program should currently be in a geometry class or excelling in algebra and have a strong commitment to academics.
A Dual Degree informational meeting will be held for students and parents at 7 p.m. on Oct. 10th at Woodstock North high school in room D187. This is during parent teacher conferences, so plan to build this meeting into your schedule.
At the informational meeting, parents and students will learn about the admission process, program cost, and be able to ask questions to determine if this program is the right fit for their student. Freshmen can apply for the program beginning Oct. 15 through Oct. 31 and will begin their dual degree coursework the following summer.
To learn more about the Woodstock D200 and MCC dual-degree program, visit https://www.woodstockschools.org/dualdegree