June 3, 2022
Important Dates and Linked Resources
COURSE SELECTION for 2022-2023
Scheduling conferences will be held for students in grades 8 and 10. Parents/guardians of 8th & 10th-grade students, please contact your student’s TA if you have yet to schedule a meeting.
-Move Up Day (for incoming 7-12 graders) is scheduled for June 14th and additional information will follow.
-Finalized schedules will be mailed home in June with Quarter 4 report cards
VOTE FOR AMBIANA!
U-32 junior, Ambiana Glavin has been chosen as one of the ten finalists for the National Life competition, "Beats for Good"!
Beats for Good is part of the "Do Good" summer festival held on the National Life Campus.
Go to this link to hear her song, learn more about the competition, and VOTE for AMBIANA!!
Progress Pride Flag raised
Students in GLAMM and SSJ joined together in a powerful task force to successfully campaign to have the Progress Pride Flag raised. They passionately support their classmates and teachers through ongoing educational workshops, presentations, and conversations.
Wilder Brown (11)
Maya Elliott (11)
Jasmine Gruen (11)
Edith Lane (9)
Thank you for your support!
Watch using the link below:
If you plan to compete in Division I or Division II college sports, have your transcript sent to the NCAA Initial Eligibility Clearinghouse. More information is available at ncaaclearinghouse.net.
June 17: Graduation…. Congratulations!
June 30: Final deadline to submit FAFSA.
SCHOOL BUSES FOR 2022-2023
Middle School Field Hockey Clinics at U-32 June 22 and June 29
Student schedules for 2022-2023
Students in grades in current 8-11 received their 2022-2023 tentative High School schedules.
Our plan is to work with incoming grade 9-12 students who have concerns prior to Move-Up Day on June 14th. Please encourage your student to make an appointment with his/her adopted counselor if needed. Please encourage your student to make an appointment with his/her adopted school counselor prior to leaving for summer break if needed.
U-32 will offer the PSAT to all juniors on Wednesday, October 12th at 8am FREE of charge. Registration is NOT necessary.
U-32 will offer the PreACT to all sophomores on Weds, October 12th at 8am FREE of charge. Registration is NOT necessary.
Vegetarian Options for Lunch!
The only way to ensure you get a vegetarian option is to pre-order your meal!
CVCC News and Announcements
- INSTRUCTOR AMANDA GARLAND RECEIVES AWARD! Congratulations to our Natural Resources Instructor, Amanda Garland, who is this year's recipient of the Vermont Urban & Community Forestry Program's "Tree Steward Award", a group that promotes the stewardship of urban and rural landscapes to enhance the quality of life in Vermont Communities. Well done, Amanda!
- MONTPELIER SENIOR STUDENTS: Senior CVCC students who attend Montpelier HS will be excused from their programs to attend mandatory graduation rehearsals on both Wednesday, June 8th & Friday, June 10th.
- END-OF-YEAR AWARDS CEREMONY: Students and their families are invited to the CVCC Awards Ceremony to be held on Tuesday, June 14th at 6:00 p.m. This will be an OUTSIDE EVENT to be held at the Spaulding High School football stadium. (***IN CASE OF RAIN ....The event will be moved to the Barre Municipal Auditorium, 16 Auditorium Hill, Barre, VT 05641. Families will be notified by Monday, June 13th of any change in the weather/location.)
- PRACTICE FOR AWARDS CEREMONY: Students will be practicing for the evening awards ceremony as soon as they arrive at school Tuesday morning, June 14th. Please plan to be on time!!
- SkillsUSA GOLD MEDAL WINNERS TO NATIONAL COMPETITION!! Best wishes to the following five CVCC students, who recently won gold medals in the local competition, and will be flying to Atlanta, Georgia (June 20-23) to compete in the Nationals!!!
- COLE DEZAN (Plumbing & Heating)
- CHARLIE McCAFFREY (Advertising Design)
- AMERA SEVERTSON (Cosmetology)
- LANDON FLOOD (Digital Cinema Production)
- ELIAS MANRIQUEZ (Digital Cinema Production)
- WOULD YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW WANT TO WORK AT CVCC? CLICK HERE to see what job postings are now available. CLICK HERE for the "SchoolSpring" job application website. Please pass this information along to anyone you think might be interested.
- NEXT YEAR'S BUUSD CALENDAR: CLICK HERE to view the final 2022-23 BUUSD Calendar. (The new CVCCSD calendar will be announced at a later time.)
- REPORTING TARDIES & ABSENCES: Just a reminder to please contact Julia Pellegrino using email@example.com or 802-476-6237 for all student attendance reporting. Thank you!
- Mon., June 6 . . . CVCCSD Board Meeting (6:00 p.m.)
- Wed., June 8 . . . Montpelier Seniors @ MHS (graduation rehearsal)
- Fri., June 10 . . . Montpelier Seniors @ MHS (graduation rehearsal)
- Tue., June 14 . . . MORNING AWARDS CEREMONY PRACTICE
- Tue., June 14 . . . LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Tue., June 14 . . . CVCC AWARDS CEREMONY (6:00pm SHS Football Field)
- Fri., June 17 . . . . Cosmetology Testing - Held @ CVCC
- M-TH, June 20-23 . . . SkillsUSA National Competition (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fri., July 1 . . . . . Official Start of the New CVCCSD!
- Sept. 21 & 22 . . . 2022 Manufacturing Summit CLICK HERE
- WOULD YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW WANT TO WORK AT CVCC? CLICK HERE to see what job postings are now available at CVCC and BUUSD. CLICK HERE for the "SchoolSpring" job application website.
- CVCC website: www.cvtcc.org
- CVCC Facebook
- CVCC Youtube
- CVCC Instagram
- Infinite Campus: https://barrevt.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/barre.jsp
- SHS Bulletin: https://www.spauldinghs.org/news/tidepride
- MHS News/Bulletins: Weekly Announcements (updated weekly) https://www.smore.com/u/reneedevore (updated occasionally)
- U32 News: https://www.smore.com/u/u-32
- School Closings & Delays: The WCAX-3 station in Burlington has a comprehensive listing of school closings & delays in our area. CLICK HERE