Rock Creek News
Keeping up with the Redhawks! August 15, 2021 Edition
Dear Rock Creek Families,
Thank you so much for a wonderful first week! It was great having our students back on campus with us in classrooms, connecting with teachers and each other and learning. We are looking forward to a great first full week this week! Please keep in mind that your learner is going to be tired toward the end of the week! We are building up our stamina for being back at school full-time, and relaxed evenings with earlier bedtimes will help us ease back into the swing of things.
We look forward to seeing you at our In-Person Back to School Night on Thursday, August 19th. We will not be gathering as a large group together, so please go straight to your child's classroom at your grade's designated time. Masks WILL BE REQUIRED at Back to School Night when indoors.
Finally, our office staff would like to remind you that if you are interested in treating a Rock Creek staff member, we have a binder in the office of everyone's favorite things. It's a great way to show our great RC staff some love!
We are looking forward to a great second week!
Week at a Glance
- Early Release Monday, Dismissal is at 1:20
Tuesday, August 17th
Wednesday, August 18th
Thursday, August 19th
- ELAC (English Language Advisory Committee) Meeting 5:00-5:30 in Mrs. VanLiew's room
- Back to School Night
- TK-3rd 5:30-6:15
- 4th-6th 6:30-7:15
Friday, August 20th
- Redhawk Spirit Day!
Drop-Off Procedures: Update
- Drop-off: We were a little loose on this last week to help families and students, but are going to be tight this week around walking your student to class. ONLY families of Preschool-1st-Grade may walk their child to class. This reduces the number of people on campus, but most importantly, helps our students become more independent!
- Thank you for quickly dropping your 2nd-6th graders off from the car or parking lot. If you are a Preschool-1st-grade parent, please tighten up your goodbyes at the door. It helps your child transition more quickly into the classroom and sets him or her up for a successful school day.
- Students are welcome on campus between 7:40 and 7:50 and will head straight to their classrooms in the morning.
- Please practice kindness and patience with each other in the school drop-off lines.
- We would love some family volunteers to help us during drop-off and pick-up. Please see details below.
Back to School Night
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our Back to School Night on Thursday, August 19th. Our Back to School Night will be in-person. We will be requiring all to wear face coverings while indoors.
TK-3rd Grades, please head straight to your child's classroom for your teacher's presentation from 5:30-6:15.
4th-6th Grades, please head straight to your child's classroom for your teacher's presentation from 6:30-7:15.
Please be looking for communication from your child's teacher regarding their specifics.
We also would love to have a few parents help monitor at lunch times from 11:00-12:25.
If this is something you're interested in, please email our parent volunteer coordinator, Courtney Sequenzia at email@example.com.
Congratulations, Mrs. Hellen!
RUSD's COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Students and adults on campus are required to wear masks while indoors.
- Students and adults may wear their masks while outdoors, but it is not required.
- Rock Creek will take advantage of the opportunity to learn and eat outdoors to the extent practicable.
- Rock Creek will continue to engage in handwashing and sanitization procedures.
To read our district's guidance in-depth, please click here.
Important Dates to Remember
- Back to School Night is 8/19
- Rock Creek Dinner Night at at Rubio's 8/25
- First PTC meeting of the year 9/14 at 2:30