Madison Cross Roads Elementary
September 24, 2018
BREAKFAST REMINDERS- Please communicate this with your child and make preparations at home to ensure your child is fed and in class on time.
Breakfast is served from 7:10-7:40 each morning.
Students should not report to breakfast after 7:40, if at all possible, giving them enough time to get to class.
After 7:45, breakfast will not be served and all students should be in class, as our cafeteria staff has to clean and prepare for 900 lunches and teachers on breakfast duty have to be in class.
If you have a child arriving to school after 7:40, please ensure they have had breakfast. Students should report either directly to class or breakfast upon arrival in the mornings.
Thank you for your help with this!
*Breakfast Menu can be found at the bottom of this newsletter *
COMET CHASE COLOR RUN!!
Our PE Department is hosting a Comet Chase Color Run on October 4! Come join in on the fun! Parents and family members are encouraged to join us for this event.
*Please email Kroberson@mcssk12.org with any questions about this event!
Go COMETS! Thanks for supporting our PE department!
- What's Happening This Week -
- Dress like an animal - SHS Homecoming Dress Up Day-
- Pick a decade and dress up - SHS Homecoming Dress Up Day-
- Twin day - SHS Homecoming Dress Up Day-
- Emulate a meme - SHS Homecoming Dress Up Day-
- Dress in SHS colors or wear your homecoming shirt - SHS Homecoming Dress Up Day-
September is Attendance Awareness Month
A high-flying, slam-dunking, rim-rattling basketball show is coming to town!
The world-famous Harlem Wizards will visit Sparkman High School on Sunday, February 10 for an day of great fun and fundraising. The Wizards will play a game against a team from the Sparkman Family Schools administrators, teachers, community leaders, and community members. Proceeds will benefit all 8 schools in the Sparkman Family of Schools.
The event will feature a variety of fun interactive extras to complement the Wizards' dazzling demonstration of hoops artistry: Pregame "Wiz Kids" warm-up, contests, comedy, awesome slam dunks, audience participation, merchandise giveaways, and more. The game will conclude with the Wizards' signature dance extravaganza that will have the crowd on their feet!
Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
2616 Jeff Rd. Harvest, Al 35749
Tickets will be on sale soon. Pre-sale general admission $10. Reserved seating and courtside plus available for additional charge.
- 10-01 - 10/19 Common Benchmark Assessments (1-5)
- 10/02 FAMJam 5:00- 8:00 pm
- 10/04 Color Run
- 10/05 House Lunch: Wear your house shirt!
- 10/05 Field Trip to Tate Farms (Kindergarten)
- 10/08-10/12 ***** FALL BREAK*****
- 10-16 4th Grade field trip to Huntsville Utilities
- 10/18 1st Nine Weeks Report Cards
- 10/18 Fiftieth Day of School **Dress in your best 50’s outfit **
- 10/19 Field Trip to Tate Farms (Pre K)
- 10/23 Special Olympics/Booth's Learning Community
- 10/26 2nd Grade Field Trip to Broadway Theatre League
- 10/30 PTO Meeting/Curriculum Night: Book Fair and Guest Readers
- 10/30 Spooky StoriesTrunk or Treat 6:00- 8:00 pm
- 10/31 Mad Scientist Day -Dress up as a Mad Scientist Day
- 11/2 House Lunch: Wear your house shirt!
- 11/12 Veterans Day - No School
- 11/13 2nd Nine Weeks Progress Report
- 11/15 PTO Meeting: 5:30
- 11/15 Giving Thanks Writing on the Wall 6-7 pm
- 11/30 School Spelling Bee
- 11/30 75th Day of School -Dress in your best 70’s outfit
- 12/04 PTO: Winter Choir Performance 6:00 – 7:00pm
- 12/07 House lunch- Wear your house shirt !
- 12/07 1st Grade Field Trip to Santa's Village
- 12/18 Pre-K Polar Express Day
- 12/20 - 01/04 *****Winter Break******
Please encourage your children to wear their house shirt OR house colors on the dates listed below. Encourage them to make new friends during House Lunches!
MXR House System
Madison Cross Roads Elementary implements a "House System" of four different teams within the school to teach soft skills, build community, teach good sportsmanship, encourage teamwork, and create a sense of school pride. We have 4 houses, but we are 1 family!
Students and teachers work together on their "House" teams to earn points through demonstrating "Essential 55" Rules from Ron Clark. When a student displays an Essential, a staff member will often give them a point.
Our four houses each have their own color, constellation, and meanings-- Centaurus, Orion, Pegasus, and Phoenix. Check them out below for each house's specific characteristics!
Throughout the year, houses are awarded house celebrations based on which team has earned the most house points. Students are encouraged to shine for their teams, all while cheering on the other houses and building each other up!
"Vincit Qui Se Vincit: He Conquers Who Conquers Himself."
All students K-5 draw a coin featuring their house color and constellation, and they receive a house t-shirt. This will be their assigned house for their entire time at Madison Cross Roads. Pre-K Houses are all in one house "In Training" to learn about "Being Essential" and what will come as they participate in house meetings later in K-5th.
Check out our photos on our Facebook page and check out the video below to see our Staff House Sorting Day and characteristics of each house.
We have house lunches, celebrations, and meetings scheduled throughout the year. Please also encourage your children to "Be Essential!"
Together, we can all work to become the best versions of ourselves!!
#WelcomeToOurHouse #MakeItHappen #4Houses1Family #AllMXR #AllMeansALLMCSS
We promote independence at MXR and encourage students to learn how they are supposed to go home each day. If your student's mode of transportation is changing (For example if they are changing from bus to car or car to bus) our office needs to be made aware of that change. All notes should go to the teacher so they are aware and then we make a copy in the front office to file.
*All transportation changes need to be made by 2 P.M. on the day it is needed*
The HEALS medical, dental, and optometry clinics serve the eligible children and their siblings at our elementary site school locations
Principal : Linda Arredondo
Assistant Principal: Jessica Aguirre-Cantrell
Assistant Principal: Adam Walker