Ms. Austin's Kindergarten
Newsletter, May 6, 2016
- Money Exchange Game
- Telling time to the hour...and more!
- High Roller Game
- Math Game Day
- It’s really important when you read a poem to think about the feeling of the poem.
- When you find a poem you really love- a favorite- you can fall in love with it even more by becoming a copycat poet, copying the rhythm and the rhyme and creating your own new poems.
- Celebration! Read and Illustrate Poems, Read and Perform Poems, Karaoke, Copy Cat poems
- You can reread your writing with your partner to revise and make sure what you wrote makes sense. You can point under each word as you read asking, “Does it make sense and sound right?”
- It is important to not only reread our writing, but to look at our writing in different ways. One way we can reread our writing is to see if our book is easy to read. We can ask ourselves,"Are all of my word wall words spelled correctly?", "Did I put finger spaces between words?", "Did I try to use periods at the end of sentences?" Then, we go back and make any changes that we need to make it easier to read.
- As we get ready for our writing celebration, we can reread our books one more time, and then we might add color to our pages, or page numbers to our books to make them look more like the information books.
- Finishing up "Me and My Environment" Unit
- Beginning our Shanghai Unit! In this unit, the children will appreciate and respect the city, its people, culture and history as they study and experience life in Shanghai. Using maps, video, and pictures, they will examine buildings, bridges, landmarks, and transportation in Shanghai.
- "Magic e" Long Vowel Word Practice
- Spelling Word Wall Words
- Blends, Digraphs, and Short Vowel Practice and Review
May 13- PSO Bake Sale Send 10 rmb
Friday and Saturday- Frog and Toad The ES Musical
Thursday, May 19th- Kindergarten Music Assembly 8:15 a.m. in the MSR
May 21- High School Graduation
Last week of May or first week of June- FYI: Field trip to tour Shanghai. Each child will need a chaperone to go with them as we will be riding the subway, Maglev train, and ferry as a part of our fun day. I will let you know the date as soon as I know.
June 7- End of Year PSO Classroom Parties
June 8- Last Day of School All School Closing Assembly Early Release Day (11:30 a.m.)