Week of 5.15.2023
Principal's Weekly Message
I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Last week we recognized and celebrated our staff for Staff Appreciation Week. Our team participated in "Survivor" and had the opportunity to earn lots of fun prizes. We learned that our staff are creative, funny, and love to have a good time! Thank you to our wonderful H&S for the amazing treats throughout the week as well! Again, to our Hatfield team...thank you for ALL you do every day to support our students! Our chorus and orchestra students performed for our families at Kulp Elementary and I heard they had another wonderful performance! On Friday, H&S held our 6th grade dance. The event was a lot of fun and enjoyed by all. Thank you for giving your time to organize great events like this for our students!
This week there will be no school for students on Tuesday, 5/16. Our teachers will be participating in a district-wide in-service. On Wednesday evening, from 6-7:30, our Kindergarten to Second Grade families are invited to Literacy Night here at Hatfield. Please join us for lots of fun activities! Lastly, Saturday, 5/20, some of our students are participating in the IronKnights Triathlon--good luck to all of you!
Keep soaring above and beyond,
Hatfield Movie Night!
- Hatfield Elementary’s Spring Movie Night will take place on Friday, June 2! We always look forward to this fun night, but we can’t do it without your support. Please consider signing up to donate snack items and/or to volunteer at the event. As always, we appreciate all that you do for Home and School and your help in making these events possible! Please contact Jen Lyons at email@example.com with any questions.
- Donation Sign-Up - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F48A4A72FA5FDC61-movie2
- Volunteer Sign-Up - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F48A4A72FA5FDC61-movie3
Coffee and Conversation with Grandparents
- Are you raising a grandchild, interested in sharing your experiences or learning more about how to navigate school? JOIN US FOR COFFEE & CONVERSATION Wednesday, May 31, 2023 6:30-7:45 PM North Penn Educational Service Center 401 E Hancock Street Lansdale, PA RSVP & Information: Pam Hart, Director of Curriculum & Equity Email @ firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: 215-853-1060
- Kinder registration for the 2023-2024 school year is now open! To learn more or get started, visit the Kindergarten website
- NP High School Renovation Video: See the amazing video, created by Mr. Gillmer, by clicking on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYJm1SnGZiM
- This is a friendly reminder that if you drop your child off in the morning, you must use the parking lot by the playground. The car drop off line ensures the safety of our students. Please do not drop your child off in the bus lot. Also, please remember we are no longer using door #3 (old car rider door) for arrival. Students who utilized that door should now enter from the main entrance doors. Thank you in advance for your understanding!
- Please remind your child that they are not permitted to bring sports equipment (basketballs, footballs, etc.) from home for use at dismissal. If they have teacher permission for recess, the equipment must remain in bookbags until that time and returned after recess. Students are lingering on campus after dismissal to play with friends and we are directing them instead, to head home immediately. Thank you in advance for your help with this.
5/01 School Lunch Super Hero Day
5/01 PSSA Testing (continues through 5/5)
5/08 Staff Appreciation Week (continues through 5/12)
5/16 Teacher In-service; No school for students
5/17 Hatfield Literacy Night
5/20 IronKnights Triathlon
5/23 Hatfield Home and School Meeting
5/26 Olympic Day
5/29 Memorial Day
Our Hatfield HAWKS continue to SOAR by following our HAWKS pledge daily at school! Continue to be on the lookout for HAWK feathers your child may come home with. Each month we celebrate with a school wide assembly. The more feathers a student earns, the better their chances are to be chosen to participate in exciting assembly activities! Your child also has an opportunity each month to be chosen as a Golden Hawk where they have the opportunity to sit in our special VIP section! Please continue to encourage your child to SOAR as a Hatfield HAWK!
Home and School Information
VP Special Events - We are looking for a parent(s) to chair our Special Events board position. This person will be responsible for gathering a Committee for each event and ensuring all action items are met for a successful event. This position can be one person or it can be shared with another as Co-VPs.
- Movie Night - June 2nd - More information will be shared as we get closer. If anyone is interested in helping with this event, please contact Jen Lyons at email@example.com.
- Upcoming Dine & Donate Events
- Next Home & School Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, 5/23/22. Dr. Bauer will be presenting an update on the High School Renovation.
If you are interested in volunteering at an event, please make sure to have your clearances. Here is more information on the documentation needed to volunteer in the North Penn School District.
If you have any Home and School questions feel free to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information be sure to check out our Hatfield Elementary Home and School Association Facebook page.
Hatfield Staff Spotlight!
This week our Staff Spotlight is on Anuja Palsule. This is Mrs. Palsule first year with us here at Hatfield and she is one of our special education assistants. Mrs. Palsule likes to paint, art and decorate! She loves how the staff is really friendly and helpful. Hatfield feels like an extended family to her!
- If your child rides a bike to school, PLEASE remind them that they must wear a helmet. We are noticing that more and more students are not wearing one and of course, their safety is our concern. Thank you for your help with this.
- A slight change has been made to two of our busses. Please remind your child (if this applies) that bus 151 (orange) is now 26 and Bus 112 (blue) is now 151. We have been reminding students here at school as well.
Please send your children to school with appropriate clothing for the temperature outside. The district policy states that classes will not go out for recess if the wind chill is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Unless a doctor's note is turned into the office students will be required to go outside with their class.
If your child will be absent for the day please let us know. You can either: email Mrs. Mandes at email@example.com OR call 215-853-1470 OR through the Hatfield website: https://hatfield.npenn.org/attendance. All absences will be marked as unexcused unless we are notified.
The district launched the Here Comes The Bus App. The app went live on January 9th. The app will be used to let parents know when their child’s bus is within a certain radius of the bus stop. Here is the communication sent out by the district. If your student is a bus rider, their ID should go home and come back to school every day. Please take the HCTB survey!
From Mrs. Ball: For the safety of your child, sneakers are required for students to actively participate in Physical Education (Gym) class. It would be greatly appreciated if you could assist your child in remembering to wear or bring sneakers to school on their designated PE day.
Hatfield Elementary School
The mission of Hatfield Elementary School is to encourage all students to aspire above and beyond in the areas of: Academic Achievement, Respect for Diversity, Community Involvement, and Individual Responsibility.