Monday, October 8
What's Coming Up
Now-October 19: Box Tops for Education Collection
Monday, October 8: PTA Exec Meeting (6:30-8:00pm Media Center)
October 8-10: 3rd Grade CogAT Testing
Friday, October 12: Fine Arts Assembly (Grades K-3)
October 15 - October 26: AIG Nomination & Testing Window Open (Grades 4 & 5 only)
Thursday, October 18: Buccaneer Bash Family Picnic (6:00-7:30pm)
Friday, October 19: Kindergarten Pumpkin Patch Field Trip
October 22 - 26: Book Fair
Tuesday, October 23:
- CREW Night - Kindergarten & First Grade (5:45-7:30 pm)
- Family Book Fair Night: K & 1st only (5:15-6:00 pm)
Thursday, October 25: Book Fair Family Nights: All Grades (5-7pm)
Tuesday, October 30: End of First Quarter
Wednesday, October 31:
- Book Character Dress Up Day
- Letterland Parade
Buccaneer Bash Family Picnic!
Pizza will be provided (with a pre-order form) OR families can bring their own food. This is an informal time for families to get to know each other and for children to play together.
We look forward to the fun and fellowship at this event! Hope to see your family there!
FREE & REDUCED LUNCH FORMS DUE NOW
Free or Reduced LunchPlease click this link to find more information related to our free and reduced lunch program. Forms are provided in both English and Spanish and can be filled out on paper or online.
*If your child received free or reduced lunch last year, you DO need to reapply for this school year by clicking this link.
Purchase your NC State Fair Tickets HERE!
- Saves you $2 on admission
- Earns money for Bryan Road Elementary
Steps to Ordering Online
1) Click this link
2) Choose your number of admission tickets (adult or child tickets)
3) Click the "Add Tickets" green button at the bottom
4) Input the code E31& click "Submit"
5) Select your deliver method at the bottom of the page (Print at Home or Regular Mail)
6) Click "Continue"
3rd Grade CogAT Testing
While children enjoy a movie or play time with friends, families will participate in one of three sessions facilitated by staff to learn more about their child's educational journey at Bryan Road!
Quest to Fill the Chest Fundraiser
Quest To Fill The Chest, our "no fuss" fundraiser is a family donation campaign where 100% of the profits will be able to stay in our PTA.
Quest for the Chest runs Thursday, October 11-25.
Keep your eyes peeled for a flyer with detailed information that will go home with your buccaneer on October 11!
Quest to Fill The Chest- Visits to distribute prizes to kids
We are looking for parents to come in daily between October 12th and October 25th to take around a treasure box to each grade level and allow students who have brought in donations to choose a prize.
You will visit the grade level in the collaborative space outside the classrooms and kids will come out to you. Scholars will get to choose a prize from one of our treasure boxes! Simple, easy and FUN!
The time commitment is to meet at 8:50am (you can dress up as a buccaneer if you choose- or just come as you are) and at 9:00pam be in your assigned hallway ready to hold the treasure chest and provide some assistance in getting them through their "choice" as quickly as possible to get them back into the classroom.
Click here to sign up!
Now through October 19th we'll be collecting Box Tops for Education.
Please help Sandy by putting 25 unexpired Box Tops in a bag with your child's name on them and turn them in to your child's teacher.
Also, did you know that Box Tops has an app? Download the app, create an account, buy specific items and then scan your receipt to be able to get BONUS Box Tops that go directly to the school.
Be sure to ask your child's grandparents, aunts, uncles, and family friends to save theirs for you also! This is a great way that family and friends can to expand your own collection to help raise money for our school!
Box Tops can still be turned in after this collection and will go towards our spring collection.
Our Fall Book Fair will be October 22 - 26!
The proceeds, from this book fair, will help us buy books for our classrooms and new media center!
We are offering 2 Family Nights. These are nights where the book fair is open after school hours for families to come purchase books for their children.
- For Kindergarten and 1st Grade - Tuesday, October 23 (5:15 - 6:00 pm) - This is a special night for all students who will be attending the K/1st grade curriculum night.
- For K-5th - Thursday, October 25 (5:30 - 7:00 pm)
We also need volunteers to help us with the Book Fair. No matter how much time you have we can always use the help. Click here to sign up today!
Join our Readvolution!
1. If you are running late and your child is tardy (anytime after 9:15 am), he/she must be accompanied into the school and checked in at the office by an adult.
2. If you have to pick up your child early, please arrive before 3:15 in order to make sure your child is able to be released safely before afternoon dismissal begins. You will pull in the bus entrance and park in the smaller side parking lot.
3. Also, if you have any transportation changes, please write a note in the morning to your child's teacher. Do not use email or Seesaw as teachers are unable to check these regularly when they are teaching. If you have an emergency transportation change, please call the office.
Our Community Partners Support our School, So Let's Support our Community Partners!
Bryan Road Elementary School
School hours are: 9:15 start and 3:45 dismissal.